Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

This bird is spooky.  2 hours to bring him in 800 yards, hangs up at 100 in a little hollow out of sight, then walks up a stream bed along a hedge row, out of sight, sneaks into the pines behind me, then starts putting.  I know he didn't see me, maybe the decoy has him spooked?

21 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

so much for "might be a wrap for this season" WTG !

Thank you turkeyfeathers. I actually left one hunting  area and went to a different area to retrieve my memory cards from my trail cameras. When I arrived, I got out of my truck and slammed the door closed. Just then he gobbled about 100 yards away. I quickly devised a game plan and after 2 1/2 hours of cat & mouse games , he finally showed himself. Game over...... I’d rather be lucky than good. Lol. I’ll check out the memory cards and share them if their post worthy.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I heard 4 this morning.  Plus a Real Hen that was Roosted close to a Gobbler. He Gobbled once..

Another opened up a good 120 yards away or so and then another close to him. Worked them with Soft Talk- Clucks + Purrs,Quavers, Soft Yelping. They soon drifted  away with a Lady .

4th Gobbler is somewhere  below my position. He Gobbled to my Cedar Hills-- Little Scratch Box.

Just sitting and listening  now.

Probably  leave early as Cynthia wants to go Morel Hunting later.

20210514_061545.jpg

Nice scratch box there really becoming my favorite calls.

• Like 1

Had 5 deer come through around 6:00....three were real nice size doe. Then around 7 at the opposite side of the field we saw 4 turkeys slowing walking along feeding. Looked through the binos and it appeared to us there were 3 Jake's and a mature gobbler. We did some calling and are now going silent for a bit. Also moved our decoy from the hardwoods to the field.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have had a fun couple days hunting the Berkshires in Mass. been on birds both mornings. This morning I played cat and mouse with a bird from dark until 10:30, I let him drift off then made my move to cut him off after he responded to a crow call. I ended up bumping him a ridge closer than I thought he was on. Could have shot him in the air at 15yds but that’s no fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Ahh geez I hope it’s not as bad as last year. I whacked over a hundred of them between traps and guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not either.luckily i dont have alot but the ones i do have are gettin on my last nerve,sitting inside the squirrel proof cage packin cheeks:hunter:

• Like 1