Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

1 hour ago, Belo said:

this thread is a lot less active then years past. But the board has also dropped off quite a bit too. So not sure if that's why, or just less members after birds this year. I was surprised that even last sunday there was only 3 or 4 of us posting.

Maybe because it’s still “unofficial”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I noticed that also Less active members posting even in the heat of  Spring  Turkey Season.

njwoodsandwaters starts Rocking in March and is still rocking  right now in their Turkey Forum.

Many of these Guys are super serious about Turkey Hunting. 

I know my life is pretty busy with spring chores and life opening back up some. But I also know we've lost quite a few members recently including a mod. Place can be pretty hostile, and I'll admit that I can be a part of that, but I do wonder if less of us are hunting woods chickens or if we're just posting less. I can say I'm on pace to have my least amount of sits in and it's mostly just due to being really busy with life. 

Hate to say It but im never live from the woods. I get very little time to myself these days so when im in the woods, i only check the phone if I need to check the time.. And typically update here at a much later date .. My sincere apologies lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I know my life is pretty busy with spring chores and life opening back up some. But I also know we've lost quite a few members recently including a mod. Place can be pretty hostile, and I'll admit that I can be a part of that, but I do wonder if less of us are hunting woods chickens or if we're just posting less. I can say I'm on pace to have my least amount of sits in and it's mostly just due to being really busy with life. 

I mean. People used to hunt before the internet and social media with no need to post on a forum so they could be just going back to that mentality...

I hunted a new spot in Elma today, I heard more gobbling at first light than I've heard all season. Unfortunately too far away and on another property. So I got close as I could and did some calling hoping they would eventually make it my way. I'm sure I didn't give it enough time but I have things to do so I called it at 9 am. 

And TF , I'm not a live from the woods guy until I shoot one. That's why my posts are always days behind! Sorry 

• Like 2

Heard a couple gobbles across the creek on the neighbors property. Chances of me calling one in and making him fly across this creek are slim. During deer season there was a tree that fell across it and I saw a gobbler walk across it but it must have gotten washed down stream. Thought that was gonna be my golden ticket but it's gone. Still just nice to be out!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Heard one gobbling on the next property over. He gobbled ~8x, then shut up when I assume he flew down. Just had no interest in coming over. I sat until 7:00, but packed up and headed out to start working. (OK, working from home, but sitting on my deck AND listening for any gobbling also... :rolleyes:)

Had a big ass coyote at 30 yards looking at me and pacing back and forth in a freshly plowed field at 5:10am. Kind of eerie! 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

Was on the fence this morning. Got to bed early enough, but a lot going on in life and little restless sleep and a full day ahead so I pulled the plug on the alarm around 1:30. I'm partially bummed at my lack of drive this year. I've had birds all 3 mornings I've been out.

Sunday is the next day I can get out so maybe I'll get it done then. Also need to bring the 2 boys along once so not sure if I wait or take them then. I'm making an effort to drink less and get to bed earlier on non-hunting nights in hopes that helps my energy for the 4am wakeup calls... but the IPA's are just so good in this warm weather haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Heard one gobbling on the next property over. He gobbled ~8x, then shut up when I assume he flew down. Just had no interest in coming over. I sat until 7:00, but packed up and headed out to start working. (OK, working from home, but sitting on my deck AND listening for any gobbling also... :rolleyes:)

Had a big ass coyote at 30 yards looking at me and pacing back and forth in a freshly plowed field at 5:10am. Kind of eerie! 

getting the vibe on that new land for deer season?  sure gonna be great to walk outside your house and hunt. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Belo said:

Was on the fence this morning. Got to bed early enough, but a lot going on in life and little restless sleep and a full day ahead so I pulled the plug on the alarm around 1:30. I'm partially bummed at my lack of drive this year. I've had birds all 3 mornings I've been out.

Sunday is the next day I can get out so maybe I'll get it done then. Also need to bring the 2 boys along once so not sure if I wait or take them then. I'm making an effort to drink less and get to bed earlier on non-hunting nights in hopes that helps my energy for the 4am wakeup calls... but the IPA's are just so good in this warm weather haha.

Or we could start the season one month sooner to allow for more time....