Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

4 minutes ago, virgil said:

Had a chance for one last try today and killed a nice bird. No gobbling on the roost. This bird came to sporadic clucks and my decoy. 

565195A4-7CA1-4636-983F-79671FD27567.jpeg

09D00EE2-5014-4A22-978B-CCE2F71E711C.jpeg

22A5BD17-8367-4FDC-B9FD-922D8144482B.jpeg

Congrats on a fantastic late season bird. 

• Like 2

Congrats on the nice bird!!! I’ve been working all weekend, gonna try one last time new place tomorrow. Blackbeltbill bill and everyone thanks for all the mentorship. It’s been a fun season and a learning experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Going to try to sit till 8.30am or so.

20210531_055525.jpg

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

8.45am-- Calling it a Season. Was going to stay longer- but 2 hunters entered the Field area.

32 Total Days in NY+ NJ.

I enjoyed every minute of it.

Feel fortunate  to have killed that 23lber on May 3rd.

And Cynthia almost scored twice.

Leaving this Field now.

20210531_084441.jpg

Hey. I know that field. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Probably  a a few Hundred Hunters at least as well..

Yea. You’re right. Probably wouldn’t set up on that field on the last day of the season. I wonder how many hunters walk that field on the first two weekends alone....

My first turkey season is over and it was a success, not because I got a bird (I didn’t ) but because I learned a whole bunch and had fun doing it. Cynthia is was a pleasure meeting you, blackbeltbill thank you for the hip pocket class. This season, I learned how to hunt from the bare ground and a blind. I learned how to cut, purr and Yelp with a pot call( which I need to practice). Thank you guys for the knowledge and I enjoyed reading the posts. Maybe we can get together and do some pheasant hunting in the fall. For all the vets thank you for your service and for the fallen you are not forgotten. Have a great summer everyone see you in the fall.

• Like 12

Threw in the towel about 10:00 AM  ....This was my 49th  NY gobbler season  and I never took my safety off...

I had  several  chances to shoot  the same three jakes and passed...I named them Keith, Larry, and Dumbhead after three of my buddies at the Legion... Lots of hens seen in early and mid season ( 9 in one day)  so I hope they are busy incubating little turkeys for next year...I only missed being in the woods before daylight 6 times this season... Time to go fishing....

• Like 12

On 5/30/2021 at 5:24 PM, cynthiafu said:

I didnt get out  my daughter and grandsons are here from Iowa  . Spent time with them before they go to their dads and my daughter go's home . Which is where I am now at Mahoneys steak house  just put my daughter on the train back to Iowa 

a train to iowa... sounds like a line in an old country song :)

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 6:17 AM, mpavlus said:

Had a very interesting morning. Snuck into woods early. Looked around and said. That doesn't look like a turkey. Yup, it's a bear. 5 seconds later this bear ran straight at me. I can't post the video but these screens shots show how close he came before I stood up and scared him away. The morning hunt went well too.

Screenshot_20210502-054511_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-080734_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-060805_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-060818_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-054612_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-151403_Gallery.jpg

20210502_101042.jpg

Hunted one more time this final weekend. Back to the bear spot. Birds were there but not interested. Had a nice walk in the green woods before the rain started. Was a good season. Now time to fish. See ya all next season. 

20210530_071316.jpg

20210530_071414.jpg

20210530_071603.jpg

20210530_072001_02.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, KBUsmc0311 said:

My first turkey season is over and it was a success, not because I got a bird (I didn’t ) but because I learned a whole bunch and had fun doing it. Cynthia is was a pleasure meeting you, blackbeltbill thank you for the hip pocket class. This season, I learned how to hunt from the bare ground and a blind. I learned how to cut, purr and Yelp with a pot call( which I need to practice). Thank you guys for the knowledge and I enjoyed reading the posts. Maybe we can get together and do some pheasant hunting in the fall. For all the vets thank you for your service and for the fallen you are not forgotten. Have a great summer everyone see you in the fall.

Look forward to a get together with this group in the summer  so stay tuned .  I can't wait for the next season . Still need some bow time but I will get there .  Have a good  summer all.  

• Like 2