Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

mowin

I just reported my bird online and had to update my password. Its now FOURTEEN CHARACTERS WITH CAPS AND PUNCTUATION!!!! Who is trying to hack into this thing?? Hunter Bidens laptop has less security

And the state wonders why they get 50% reporting.

Calling mine and my daughters in took over 20 minutes both times, both times I had to wait for an actual person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just reported my bird online and had to update my password. Its now FOURTEEN CHARACTERS WITH CAPS AND PUNCTUATION!!!! Who is trying to hack into this thing?? Hunter Bidens laptop has less security
Oh boy....gotta add that to the to do list for this afternoon!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reeltime said:

Passed on 3 Jake's Sunday morning, Monday passed 3 Jake's a bearded hen and a satellite 2yr old waiting on this bird that was 100 yards out until a guy in a truck stopped on the road and spooked him intentionally.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Congrats Lee.    You made quick work of that, but I know how much time goes in to being able to make quick of it.  Glad it paid off!

37 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I thought that bum was in jail. Congrats on the bird.

• Like 1

Let’s give this turkey hunting thing another whirl this morning. Had opportunities to hunt every day since opener but opted out. Went local today with some fishing coming in the afternoon. Solid day in my book. Good luck to all that are headed out. Saw a kit fox and farther down an adult carrying a bunny. Barred owl and coyotes going right now. Stars are magnificent 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 4

A whole herd of turkeys left the woods and are in the field , heading my way slowly . 3 are all puffed up and have fans out , those are the ones I shoot right ?

CFDBE486-432A-4346-A993-139A46457031.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Well they did what I’ve watched them do for 20 years. They roost in the same part of the woods, cross this14 acre field and go up on the big green hill behind me . The toms all crossed to far to my left today .

i don’t use decoys or call it’s pure man against beast .

Well I believe I found the coyote I hit high last opening day of deer . 

38E23A23-E089-46EC-8D5E-1F16E11FB960.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 7

Bird was roosted where I thought.  Set up with a decoy where they have been feeding mid morning.  He flew down at 5:30 on the wrong side of the hedgerow / property line.  He did me the favor of gobbling every so often to let me know that he was heading AWAY.  Must have been following hens.  Sat until 9:00 and got sick of sitting in the wind.  I was feeling pretty good about this setup, but that's turkey hunting.  I probably won't hunt there until next Thursday.  Back to the home farm for Saturday at least.