4/18/21 GTG - Striper Fishing

BizCT

That’s a good sign, with the forecast next week I think we’ll start catching them up this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last week or so April is usually good for us if water clarity isn't like mud and they make it this far. Bigger ones getting pulled in south of Troy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Nice haul of fish , looks like a great time.  Awesome. Hard to beat that for sure.
Never fished for stripers.  You guys use live bait?  I hear eels work great....
We always use herring. Blood worms and other live bait work.

Looks like you guys had a great time .... I booked a charter out of Catskill for May 2nd .... if we do any good I'll take Pic's ! Until then I'll be trying Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem from shore and see what happens , unsure if their up here yet but its a nice little park to do lunch at anyway !

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

Looks like you guys had a great time .... I booked a charter out of Catskill for May 2nd .... if we do any good I'll take Pic's ! Until then I'll be trying Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem from shore and see what happens , unsure if their up here yet but its a nice little park to do lunch at anyway !

If your fishing from shore , I would suggest you go when the tide is moving in. The stripers follow the baitfish into shore. Whenever I went during low tide , the only thing I caught were white perch , eels and bullheads. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well did the Charter out of Catskill this morning ! I (my first time Striper Fishing ) scored on two nice fish ! One was 37 in. and the other was 43 in. ! Try and imagine how tough it is when the Charter Boat Captain says " Your fish is too big , back it goes " !!! I've NEVER been accused of having ANYTHING that was too big !

thumbnail_IMG_20210502_073136348_HDR.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20210502_105231344_BURST000_COVER.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Well did the Charter out of Catskill this morning ! I (my first time Striper Fishing ) scored on two nice fish ! One was 37 in. and the other was 43 in. ! Try and imagine how tough it is when the Charter Boat Captain says " Your fish is too big , back it goes " !!! I've NEVER been accused of having ANYTHING that was too big !

thumbnail_IMG_20210502_073136348_HDR.thumb.jpg.df17633fe74bb4f92ff287b4214e1d13.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210502_105231344_BURST000_COVER.thumb.jpg.b20c5764f8dd0359f52f13d4a9151a3c.jpg
That's a great trip. More south on river closer to sea the better your chances of nice fish but both are great fish. Up here Charters might only pull in a handful 40+" fish all run/season.

• Like 1