You Ever wondered why NY Gov decided to Legalize Marijuana Now ?

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

NY decided to legalize Marijuana now because of the revenue. With the barn door size hole of revenue in the state there could not be a better time to try to make money of weed instead of spending money on chasing stoners.

If so, then why not legalize every type of Drug ?

This is just another Tactic by Cuomo to distract the serfs and keep his voter base stoned, so they'll forget about the people he's killed + covered up and money he's been paid to do so in 2020, not to mention the multiple women he's assaulted.

Just ask yourself this, If a Republican Gov did this, would they still be in office ?

Barn door sized revenue Hole ??

NY doesn't need to legalize pot, as the rest of America is going to pay to close that revenue hole with the stimulus payoff.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1

Why do you think the state is entitled to make money from it?  Why not just legalize it and not tax it?  What is the reason the state needs to tax it?  If the state is only making it legal now so they can profit from a drug, how are they any different from the drug dealers who did it for profit?

Younger generations are more likely to smoke weed because it's legal, meaning future populations will have higher percentages of pot heads then we do now.  It happened with legal alcohol sales after prohibition, but booze doesn't have the same long term effect on the brain weed does.

Edited by Grouse

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

People are smoking weed if it is legal or not. Might as well have the state make some money from it. I doubt people will start smoking  pot only because it is legal now.

So you can justify the costs of what marijuana does to society, because the state will make a profit from it ?

And no answer as to why not making every drug legal ?

If a profit is to be made, why stop at one drug, when you can make a lot more profit selling crack, cocaine and heroin ?

Portland is the shining example of what happens when this is type of lunacy is implemented.

2 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

So you can justify the costs of what marijuana does to society, because the state will make a profit from it ?

And no answer as to why not making every drug legal ?

If a profit is to be made, why stop at one drug, when you can make a lot more profit selling crack, cocaine and heroin ?

Portland is the shining example of what happens when this is type of lunacy is implemented.

I am for legalizing all drugs, the only way to stop drug trafficking.  Addicts gonna be addicts. 

And do me a favor and look up studies about the harmful effects of pot vs. alcohol. Not even a close race. I don't hear you asking about the cost to society of alcohol though.  Liver cirrhosis anyone? Drunk drivers? 

What cost to society does pot incur? You got some examples?

Edited by BowmanMike

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

I am for legalizing all drugs, the only way to stop drug trafficking.  Addicts gonna be addicts. 

And do me a favor and look up studies about the harmful effects of pot vs. alcohol. Not even a close race. I don't hear you asking about the cost to society of alcohol though.  Liver cirrhosis anyone? Drunk drivers? 

As crazy as it sounds I think this is the answer.  

Just look at the "war" on drugs. How well has it worked?

It's time we stopped smacking our head against the wall and  put our resources into better bets. Education, jobs, etc...

I don't pretend to know all the answers, but it is pretty obvious what we are doing doesn't work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

For those that didn't bother to read the article. Not only was this not in NY, it wasn't in America either. It was in France, which obviously has a different legal system. 

On a side note, why are y'all so afraid of weed?

But it’s a gateway drug.....   you smoke one joint and the next thing you know you are doing smack behind the dollar store. 

• Haha 1

NY decided to legalize Marijuana now because of the revenue. With the barn door size hole of revenue in the state there could not be a better time to try to make money of weed instead of spending money on chasing stoners.

So if you have a hole in a water pipe do you fix the hole first or just add more water flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are smoking weed if it is legal or not. Might as well have the state make some money from it. I doubt people will start smoking  pot only because it is legal now.

People are going to speed too, should cops stop writing speeding tickets?

State makes more tax revenue from people driving fast!

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Not a good analogy. Smoking weed is not dangerous to the public unless someone is driving under the influence, which is still illegal, just like driving drunk is illegal.

In fact, drunks start fights. pot heads just buy taco bell. 

18 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Nah,there's money in speeding tickets.  That's why the state should get in on the money in drugs.

NY has serious budget issues every year, but there was/is a pandemic going on which made things just a tad worse. The ops question was why legalization now,and that is the answer. 

I would like to see any government agency be more responsible with our money, but you know how that goes most of the time .

Not a good analogy. Smoking weed is not dangerous to the public unless someone is driving under the influence, which is still illegal, just like driving drunk is illegal.
In fact, drunks start fights. pot heads just buy taco bell. 

His argument is financially based as is my analogy.

Nah,there's money in speeding tickets.  That's why the state should get in on the money in drugs.
NY has serious budget issues every year, but there was/is a pandemic going on which made things just a tad worse. The ops question was why legalization now,and that is the answer. 
I would like to see any government agency be more responsible with our money, but you know how that goes most of the time .

Listen, I think all drugs should be legal as long as we drug test all government assistance recipients! If someone’s ants to responsibly smoke pot, snort coke or shoot heroin I’m all for it! As long as the tax payers aren’t funding it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

But it’s a gateway drug.....   you smoke one joint and the next thing you know you are doing smack behind the dollar store. 

The #1 gateway drug to using other substances is alcohol. Period. Ask anyone who's tried a blunt or a bump or smoked a rock and they'll tell you they had been drinking before they tried the new thing. There are exceptions of course, but they're rare.