You Ever wondered why NY Gov decided to Legalize Marijuana Now ?

The legalization of marijuana is going to enable many more people to use it for the sole purpose of intoxication.  With so many people who are emotionally unbalanced, mentally disturbed and/or intellectually challenged, using marijuana will just magnify their mental health problems.

I listen to the medical mental health experts, not politicians who want legalization to make money and win votes from marijuana users and sympathizers  with no regard for the mental health problems it will cause.

• Thanks 1

now we're legalizing crack and heroin? 

wtf?

Why not? As long as the habits are not tax payer funded I’m all for it!

I don’t think the government should be able to tell me what guns I can own, what a woman wants to do with her body or what drugs someone can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I personally don't think drugs should be legalized, as I've seen the destruction they cause firsthand.

You'd change your opinion in a nano second, if you had a family member almost beat your grandmother to death because she wouldn't let her addict grandchild steal her TV so he could buy drugs.

My nephew is just a hollow person now and I wouldn't trust him to get my mail.

Take a look at Portland's crime rate before and after legalization.

If addicts just bought drugs and hid in a comer till they died, I would be all for it.

Unfortunately, they need to feed that monkey and society suffers for a long time.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Why not? As long as the habits are not tax payer funded I’m all for it!

I don’t think the government should be able to tell me what guns I can own, what a woman wants to do with her body or what drugs someone can use.

why not? because of ignorance and death, that's why. Your justification for legalizing them is like saying we shouldn't have any laws at all. Who is the government to tell me I can't drink and drive. Drugs like cocaine and H kill. They kill their useres and more importantly they kill others who are innocent bystanders. 

Nobody ever got hurt smoking a joint. On the other hand I lost my best friend to opioids. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Write to your legislators!

Nah, it's a woman's issue.  Just seems they should be demanding it as a "My body, my choice" decision.

Besides, Cuomo has already proven it's not illegal for the legislators.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

why not? because of ignorance and death, that's why. Your justification for legalizing them is like saying we shouldn't have any laws at all. Who is the government to tell me I can't drink and drive. Drugs like cocaine and H kill. They kill their useres and more importantly they kill others who are innocent bystanders. 

Nobody ever got hurt smoking a joint. On the other hand I lost my best friend to opioids. 

Legalizing drugs takes the money out of it, which is what causes the crime and killings in the drug trade.  Yes users would suffer, but the cartels would be out of business and power.  Besides users still steal and die when drugs are illegal.

You could change a couple words in your point and make a very strong anti gun case. Me personally I feel I’m being a hypocrite by thinking I should be able to own /shoot any gun I want but then turn around and tell someone else what they can do on their days off. That’s not the way it works.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You could change a couple words in your point and make a very strong anti gun case. Me personally I feel I’m being a hypocrite by thinking I should be able to own /shoot any gun I want but then turn around and tell someone else what they can do on their days off. That’s not the way it works.

see i'm not an all or nothing gun guy. I think our full-auto system is good the way it is and i support background checks. I do think suppressors should be easier to obtain. Where is the line? RPG's and grenades'? Certainly there are some things one shouldn't do on their day off right? Like molesting children... I'm going to extremes, but there does need to be some law and order no?

Edited by Belo

see i'm not an all or nothing gun guy. I think our full-auto system is good the way it is and i support background checks. I do think suppressors should be easier to obtain. Where is the line? RPG's and grenades'? Certainly there are some things one shouldn't do on their day off right? Like molesting children... I'm going to extremes, but there does need to be some law and order no?

That’s completely different, doing drugs s d owning guns don’t harm anyone else when used “properly.”

8 hours ago, Belo said:

Do you think most folks start right out on those hard drugs ?  I think it's more likely that they try dope first.  

I cant speak from experience on any of it, but it seems to me that legalizing dope may increase the abuse of more dangerous drugs.  

It sounds like it is a done deal here in NY, so I guess we will see.  

It is a lot easier to stop an invasion on a beach than it is after the interior is penetrated.  The dope is the beach.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Do you think most folks start right out on those hard drugs ?  I think it's more likely that they try dope first.  

I cant speak from experience on any of it, but it seems to me that legalizing dope may increase the abuse of more dangerous drugs.  

It is a lot easier to stop an invasion on a beach than it is after the interior is penetrated.  The dope is the beach.

This is a bs argument and has been thoroughly discredited.  But you believe what you want. 

• Haha 1

Over 81,000 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States in the 12 months ending in May 2020, the highest number of overdose deaths ever recorded in a 12-month period, according to recent provisional data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

While overdose deaths were already increasing in the months preceding the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the latest numbers suggest an acceleration of overdose deaths during the pandemic.

So this is just coincidental that the OD's are increasing at an alarming rate with the legalization of Drugs ?

I still think Cuomo is legalizing pot, so he can have an excuse for the idiotic decisions he made during the pandemic.

FUAC.

• Thanks 1

A child gets stung by a bee and needs an Epi-Pen.  Parents have to pay big time for it.

A doper OD's on heroin for the tenth time, gets free NARCAN, even if he has insurance.

Legalize all drugs, but make the dopers pay for their own meds and rehab.  Stop making taxpayers suffer for someone else's personal decisions and poor choices.  We could call it "Pay to Play".

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Responding for myself, I do not believe pot is a gateway drug. Studies show many who are hooked on opiods today were first introduced to them through a doctor for an injury. 

I can also say I've never smoked anything other than weed or put anything up my nose and that is the case for millions. Do some people start with weed and move up? Of course, but I'm not sure weed was the driver for that. It's either peer pressure or a need to "kill the pain" which is what happens with many alcoholics. Which isn't a bad analogy. I know you enjoy genny, but I haven't seen you post about week long bingers and getting black out drunk on a frequent basis. It's very much the same. 

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

A child gets stung by a bee and needs an Epi-Pen.  Parents have to pay big time for it.

A doper OD's on heroin for the tenth time, gets free NARCAN, even if he has insurance.

Legalize all drugs, but make the dopers pay for their own meds and rehab.  Stop making taxpayers suffer for someone else's personal decisions and poor choices.  We could call it "Pay to Play".

I see this argument a lot. To be honest I've felt this way myself and still do to some extent. But dopers can't pay, so they resort to stealing and crime. It being legal but them being liable for the medical bills wouldn't change a thing. Of course, we could have medicare for all though. that'd fix it ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Over 81,000 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States in the 12 months ending in May 2020, the highest number of overdose deaths ever recorded in a 12-month period, according to recent provisional data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

While overdose deaths were already increasing in the months preceding the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, the latest numbers suggest an acceleration of overdose deaths during the pandemic.

So this is just coincidental that the OD's are increasing at an alarming rate with the legalization of Drugs ?

I still think Cuomo is legalizing pot, so he can have an excuse for the idiotic decisions he made during the pandemic.

FUAC.

or... and here me out... 

everyone was stuck at home and stressed and some turned to drugs. I know I drank more last year than I ever have. The argument you're making is like the gun control advocates that include suicides in their stats. 

7 hours ago, Grouse said:

Not a bad idea.  Should we do the same for smokers and the obese?  I say, 'yes'.

• Like 1