What’s the best place to sell a used truck ?

luberhill

Being realistic, used truck prices are insane right now, especially on the harder to find trucks.   I could definitely sell the raptor I bought in January for 5k more right now.   Not really the best time to be evaluating the normal costs of turning over vehicle every few years in a typical market.   

Pre-covid craziness, I bought my last raptor for 49k.  It was a year old with 12k miles and sold it 6.5 years later for 31.5k with 90k miles.   Raptors are far better than most vehicles in retaining residual value.  That to me was pretty crazy and still amounts to $224/mo or nearly $2700 per year to own (not including maintenance).   If you are doing better than that regularly with a non-specialty vehicle without the covid market effects, hats off to you.

• Like 1

While the used truck market is hot right now ,there is alwys a possibility to negotiate great deals .like buck master ,ive negotiated throughout this state and 4 others at the same time .I have friends in that industry so it helps to get an inside scoop on what you can get numbers wise on vehicles .I negotiate mostly everything,from new 4wheelers to concrete work .guess it comes by being cheap .but It works .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

A good negotiator can find great deals .I bought my 20 tundra in 19 ,negotiated 9k off the price using end of the year 19 prices ,and got upgrades installed for free .I have 12 k miles on it and it’s going for well over what I paid for it almost 2 years ago .

1936D0D9-BA92-49DF-AC45-1EAC93534B27.jpeg

I just did my Carvana for my 4runner...the offer was more than I paid for the vehicle new. Had it since 9/2019 LOL. Stupid.

Edited by phade

45 minutes ago, sbuff said:

If chevy goes to 0% again ill buy a new one ton . Kicking myself i didn't buy last time around 

Good luck finding one. Some cab and chassis, or upper level rigs, but in my area there's no WT or LT. 

12 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Wow....they offered 3,500 more than the dealer.
2017 Nissan Murano 64,000 miles and carvana offered 17,500.00.

This may be the route we go.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I take 3% commission rates. Tips as well.

• Like 1

I wonder how close they check it over before handing over the check ,.

From what I’ve read they show up with the check in hand the test drive and once over is the truck going from your drive way onto the flatbed and you never hear from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1