NYBH Banquet

Trial153

31 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

If they were crossbow advocates then I wouldn’t be a member. I wouldn’t Expect an archery hunting organization to advocate against archery.
I’ll be sure to drop a few more donations so we can keep up the hard work

Right on! Keep the faith man!! To each their own!   :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

Let me see it’s ok to be a member of the crossgun coalition supporting crossgun but you support bows and bow hunting you’re somehow a terrible guy? Ridiculous and hypercritical. 
Sounds exactly the way the world wants you to be, if you “don’t agree with me” you’re a terrible underhanded guy. Nonsense. Keep fighting boys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Let me see it’s ok to be a member of the crossgun coalition supporting crossgun but you support bows and bow hunting you’re somehow a terrible guy? Ridiculous and hypercritical. 
Sounds exactly the way the world wants you to be, if you “don’t agree with me” you’re a terrible underhanded guy. Nonsense. Keep fighting boys. 

Difference is, there are no crossbow organizations that actively advocate against vertical bows and their use or legal status. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

i'm not really out to change anyone's mind because the writing is on the wall.  i don't even have a xbow, but i haven't been into a single archery shop throughout the country that didn't sell crossbows. if i want to have a xbow worked on i wouldn't go to a big box store or a gun shop. i'd go to an archery shop to get it repaired or tuned up.

what's more important is i don't see a chance in hell my daughter will be able to pull back a vertical bow that she could confidently kill deer with once she turns legal bowhunting age of 12 yrs old. a crossbow however could easily get her into bowhunting. when i get to old to draw a trad bow or compound i'll kill deer in archery season with a xbow until the day i die calling myself a bowhunter. those are the reasons NYBH will continue to die a slow miserable death, despite I don't necessarily wish it any ill will.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

It's not a gun, guns projectile  propelled by explosive or compressed gasses.. it's a crossbow. You do nothing for.your cause trying to call it.a gun except.look dumb and redneck( no.offence) I do not support.any group I do not.entirey agree with in cluding the nra

• Like 3

Good to hear you had a nice turn out for the banquet. It is always nice to have a lot of participation in any group or club you are a member of. Crossbows in bow season is nothing I am going to fight over because I honestly don't care. If you guys feel strong enough about it, be my guests. The weapons are all just tools to me, and the more people that hunt, the better it is for the sport of hunting. 

• Like 6

On 4/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Difference is, there are no crossbow organizations that actively advocate against vertical bows and their use or legal status. 

Difference is because you want someone else’s season. Fight to take over firearm season. Why exactly do you want so badly to make things easier for you crossgun folks? They all wanna call themselves bowhunters. Earn the title and make things harder than need be. Crossgun guys will never get that. 

Fantastic turn out at the Banquet. Full house.
Might be hard to understand for some. While I don't have good things to say about their stance on crossbows I'm glad it was a good turn out. I'm of the opinion that when crossbow use gets expanded I'm sure it won't be protesting will die after full inclusion. Same as when people went from trad bows to compounds. Having another group advocating for hunting is only a good thing though.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

On 4/29/2021 at 5:47 PM, G-Man said:

It's not a gun, guns projectile  propelled by explosive or compressed gasses.. it's a crossbow. You do nothing for.your cause trying to call it.a gun except.look dumb and redneck( no.offence) I do not support.any group I do not.entirey agree with in cluding the nra

Who looks dumb now? A crossgun is def a gun. Has much more in common w that than a bow. Just because the projectile is a broad head doesn’t matter. I’ll actually take the redneck thing as a compliment. Better being called that than lots of stuff. I don’t find it inflammatory in the least. Keep fighting boys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Who looks dumb now? A crossgun is def a gun. Has much more in common w that than a bow. Just because the projectile is a broad head doesn’t matter. I’ll actually take the redneck thing as a compliment. Better being called that than lots of stuff. I don’t find it inflammatory in the least. Keep fighting boys

It has 1 thing in common with a gun a stock, everything else is same as a compound bow

On 4/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, Trial153 said:

If they were crossbow advocates then I wouldn’t be a member. I wouldn’t Expect an archery hunting organization to advocate against archery.
I’ll be sure to drop a few more donations so we can keep up the hard work

Do you realize how twisted you sound

3 hours ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Difference is because you want someone else’s season. Fight to take over firearm season. Why exactly do you want so badly to make things easier for you crossgun folks? They all wanna call themselves bowhunters. Earn the title and make things harder than need be. Crossgun guys will never get that. 

Uhm I'm old enough to remember you guys taking over recurve and long bow season in the 1970s and 80s. Get off your high horse already

• Like 3