Son and I shot out first outdoor pistol league tonight

Well we froze our butts off, not a competitive league so it was fun  .  My son shot his gifted from me 357  Blackhawk with 38’s and I took my 38 lcr. Really didn’t know what to expect but the targets were a bit far for my snubby 38 . Although I didn’t shoot bad, I think I’ll be taking the 10mm for the rest of the league. It was a good father son bonding time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Thats cool I have often thought of shooting a league.  Where are you shooting at ?

Corning fish and game, they do have more openings. Wednesday at 5:30 any caliber,  30 rounds total. 

Corning fish and game, they do have more openings. Wednesday at 5:30 any caliber,  30 rounds total. 
Was it a bullseye match? NRA targets with scoring rings. 9 pt ring and in would be black. 3 courses of fire.

At our club we also do bowling pins. 5 pins at certain distance from back edge of table depending on caliber. its timed for fastest to clear them off the table.

New this year starting up a steel and paper targets similar to 3 gun and other type of matches.

It's all tons of fun if you have the ammo to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Was it a bullseye match? NRA targets with scoring rings. 9 pt ring and in would be black. 3 courses of fire.

At our club we also do bowling pins. 5 pins at certain distance from back edge of table depending on caliber. its timed for fastest to clear them off the table.

New this year starting up a steel and paper targets similar to 3 gun and other type of matches.

It's all tons of fun if you have the ammo to shoot.

First round we shot for 10 ring  at about 10yards  / Second round was brown cardboard idpa targets -  2 in chest 1 in head 2 in chest one at 10yards second at 13 yards/ Third was at 10 yards bad guy silhouette for score . 10 shots per round not timed , range officer said he try’s to switch it up every week. He did mention steel targets will be included. I do reload so we’re set on ammo, and yes good practice and fun ..

Edited by rob-c

First round we shot for 10 ring  at about 10yards  / Second round was brown cardboard idpa targets -  2 in chest 1 in head 2 in chest one at 10yards second at 13 yards/ Third was at 10 yards bad guy silhouette for score . 10 shots per round not timed , range officer said he try’s to switch it up every week. He did mention steel targets will be included. I do reload so we’re set on ammo, and yes good practice and fun ..
Sounds like a made up stages. Should be fun an interesting rolling into each week versus already knowing the format.

• Like 1