The Derek Chauvin Trial Was a Travesty, Prosecutors Violated Rules That Protect Us All

Grouse

The Derek Chauvin trial was a travesty. Prosecutors were allowed to break all the rules. Whether that was because Judge Peter Cahill is a Democrat in a heavily Democrat area and wanted to convict Chauvin or whether he didn’t want to take the heat for declaring a mistrial, prosecutors realized that they didn’t have to follow the standard rules. One can only hope that the appeals court judges have stiffer spines.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2021/04/22/the-derek-chauvin-trial-was-a-travesty-prosecutors-violated-rules-that-protect-us-all-n2588370?229&fbclid=IwAR2H5HTjfjwiok8hfMrgNHeb81mPUgcBV_MEJM72X83AJfGEIpb1vdKA2Vk

• Like 1

That OP piece was written by Dr. John Lott PhD, one of the premier pro gun statisticians and researchers in this country.  What he talks about affects the GENERAL POPULATION.  It also follows the "Guilty on all charges" thread in the General Chit Chat Forum.  It's not about this one trial, it's about the Rule of Law, which obviously doesn't concern too many people in this country anymore.  Is it any wonder we are circling the drain?

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigGuyNY said:

What wrong on having an opinion?  Especially on one of the most polarizing criminal trials in history.   

Nothing. It's just better served in the political subforum where grouse can regurgitate what he reads to his heart's content.

Edited by left field
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, left field said:

Nothing. It's better served in the political subforum where grouse can regurgitate what he reads to his heart's content.

Maybe you should try reading some of it to open your mind and educate yourself, rather than wallowing in your illusions.  We have an entire thread on this trial here in the General Chit Chat Forum already.  This one follows it.  Is it because this is my post you protest or do you want us to think that's not the case?

Edited by Grouse

16 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Maybe you should try reading some of it to open your mind and educate yourself, rather than wallowing in your illusions.  We have an entire thread on this trial here in the General Chit Chat Forum already.  This one follows it.  Is it because this is my post you protest or do you want us to think that's not the case?

Thanks for today's chuckle, you talking about opening minds.

58 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Just saw todays new lead in "News out of Ohjio as an officer shoots and kills a teenage girl" How about "An officer saves the life of a teenage girl" instead?? This country is effed.

Every article I've read makes sure to mention in the first 2 sentences that the officer was white ,and their wording is enough to get uneducated people outraged. The media is the worst thing for equal rights in this country since slavery was lifted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes, there was a thread on a trial that captivated the nation. That makes sense. This however is you regurgitating more political crap you read online. You have taken over an entire subforum, isn't it enough? Are you so desperate for attention? 

If you're having a crisis of confidence, try this every morning:

image.png.03714f6bbf0e54cb09b14e76b1f50318.png

I'm going to take my own advice and prep for a fishing trip tomorrow.

All yours. Grouse away if you must.

36 minutes ago, left field said:

Yes, there was a thread on a trial that captivated the nation. That makes sense. This however is you regurgitating more political crap you read online. You have taken over an entire subforum, isn't it enough? Are you so desperate for attention? 

I look forward to the day you can actually refute a posts content instead of attacking the messenger.  I only hope I live long enough to see it.

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

somebody put these messes in the politics section - blah!  If your mother was on trial i wouldnt be reading as much about it here.  

Suggested things to check out here....

The 170"+ beast Jason just finished mounting, the turkey woods thread, etc.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The Derek Chauvin trial was a travesty. Prosecutors were allowed to break all the rules. Whether that was because Judge Peter Cahill is a Democrat in a heavily Democrat area and wanted to convict Chauvin or whether he didn’t want to take the heat for declaring a mistrial, prosecutors realized that they didn’t have to follow the standard rules. One can only hope that the appeals court judges have stiffer spines.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2021/04/22/the-derek-chauvin-trial-was-a-travesty-prosecutors-violated-rules-that-protect-us-all-n2588370?229&fbclid=IwAR2H5HTjfjwiok8hfMrgNHeb81mPUgcBV_MEJM72X83AJfGEIpb1vdKA2Vk

Rubbish. Fair Trial, justice served. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, left field said:

Just another hunting forum manure spreader