The Derek Chauvin Trial Was a Travesty, Prosecutors Violated Rules That Protect Us All

Grouse

On 4/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Gobbler Chaser said:

Rubbish. Fair Trial, justice served. 

Yeah that’s what the lady juror said when she was interviewed after the fact.... Were the doings of BLM and such on your jury’s mind?   Why of course she says.                   I think the white cops from here on in should just look at color when they go to calls. If it’s ok with the blacks that black killing black is fine then white cops should just stand back and watch the idiots kill each other and save themselves all the bullshit of after the fact black this and that. 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:42 AM, Grouse said:

The Derek Chauvin trial was a travesty. Prosecutors were allowed to break all the rules. Whether that was because Judge Peter Cahill is a Democrat in a heavily Democrat area and wanted to convict Chauvin or whether he didn’t want to take the heat for declaring a mistrial, prosecutors realized that they didn’t have to follow the standard rules. One can only hope that the appeals court judges have stiffer spines.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2021/04/22/the-derek-chauvin-trial-was-a-travesty-prosecutors-violated-rules-that-protect-us-all-n2588370?229&fbclid=IwAR2H5HTjfjwiok8hfMrgNHeb81mPUgcBV_MEJM72X83AJfGEIpb1vdKA2Vk

1) This is an opinion editorial

2) Lott is not a lawyer

The last paragraph of same article:

It is impossible to get in Judge Cahill’s mind and figure out why he let the prosecutors act the way they did. The bottom line is that these rules exist for a reason, and violating them made it so that Chauvin didn’t get a fair trial. That is something that should concern everyone.

The role of the judge is to ensure the defendant gets a fair trial, not a perfect trial.  If the judge felt this imperfect trial was unfair he would then declare a mistrial. I'd be more interested in this aspect if prominent trial lawyers were saying it. 

On 4/22/2021 at 12:53 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

somebody put these messes in the politics section - blah!  If your mother was on trial i wouldnt be reading as much about it here.  

You do realize no matter what section it’s in , with this much interest and comments it will still show up on the top of the page, right ?

20 minutes ago, luberhill said:

You do realize no matter what section it’s in , with this much interest and comments it will still show up on the top of the page, right ?

You do realize it doesn't if its put in the political section right.... 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Just now, luberhill said:

Nope I did t realize that .. so the political section doesn’t update like the general chit chat and others ?

It just doesnt show as the main/recent topics. It's a whole separate section .  Setup for the reason I would guess that this is not a political site.  You have to look into all activity to find it.  Prob because so many of these go off topic and get nasty.  As is politics I suppose. If it was like that I probably wouldn't be on here and would guess many others.  A little politics is ok but not what this site is for. And far too much of it on here these days in my estimation.   But at least it can be ignored unless people don't put it where it belongs then it's all you see when u log on when people are going back and forth as they do.  

If Eddie was around he would have moved it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DoubleDose said:

2) Lott is not a lawyer

John Lott studied economics at UCLA, receiving his B.A. in 1980, M.A. in 1982, and Ph.D. in 1984. Lott has held positions in law and economics at several institutions, including the Yale Law School, the Hoover Institution, UCLA, the Wharton Business School, Texas A&M University, and Rice University. 

A mistrial is going to be declared on appeal.  Here's why.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/04/why_maxine_waters_wanted_a_mistrial_for_derek_chauvin.html

"Had Maxine kept her mouth shut, a simple conviction without a strong basis for a mistrial on appeal would cut short the mayhem in the streets.  A pause in the bedlam is not good for the left, whose entire existence and justification is predicated on being the party of racializing everything — especially relationships between black communities and white cops.  On the other hand, a conviction accompanied by overt threats of violence reeking of jury intimidation, from a political figure, keeps alive the likelihood of a mistrial on appeal and could extend the rioting all the way to the 2022 elections.  This is a tempting insurance policy that would allow the Democrats to continue to foment racial division and milk dry other white cop–black victim scenarios until their goals are reached of defunding the police, reimagining the criminal justice system, getting rid of police and replacing them with civilian security, eliminating bail, unleashing untold numbers of violent criminals back onto the streets, and disarming the public so they cannot protect their families."

Edited by Grouse

Him winning the appeal seems like a slam dunk and based on his reaction I think his lawyers made that clear to him. The family was paid $27MM before the jury was selected, a 30 year US Rep and the sitting POTUS practically threatened the jury to convict. I'm not saying he's not guilty but this was botched from day one. And all the people that couldn't let due process play out are to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

The Derek Chauvin trial was a travesty. Prosecutors were allowed to break all the rules. Whether that was because Judge Peter Cahill is a Democrat in a heavily Democrat area and wanted to convict Chauvin or whether he didn’t want to take the heat for declaring a mistrial, prosecutors realized that they didn’t have to follow the standard rules. One can only hope that the appeals court judges have stiffer spines.
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnrlottjr/2021/04/22/the-derek-chauvin-trial-was-a-travesty-prosecutors-violated-rules-that-protect-us-all-n2588370?229&fbclid=IwAR2H5HTjfjwiok8hfMrgNHeb81mPUgcBV_MEJM72X83AJfGEIpb1vdKA2Vk

Hey KFC..... we all know you hate blacks now please go way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chef said:

Hey KFC..... we all know you hate blacks now please go way

LOL!  Nope, just BLM and all of the idiots who support them.

I'm a MLK fan who believes in judging people by the content of their character, unlike you leftists.

• Like 1