"Robin Hood"

Salmon_Run

Congrats!! (I think) That'll cost ya $25+ correct?

Oh well, hang on the wall in the man cave!

I've busted a zillion nocks, destroyed fletching, peened down edges but just never had a "perfect" Robin Hood. Just as well as I shoot ACC's and they get a bit expensive.......

No robinhoods in a while but..A friend and I were doing a little shooting this am: at the local shop. He was goofing off and shot at one of my arrows in my target unluckily for him it was a hanger .2 arrows later I broke it . In the past , hangers were fair game ,lol. have not done that in a while. I felt guilty after and paid for his range time.

I do not practice with more than one arrow at a specfic target for that reason... it gets expensive fast. not that i am an awe inspiring shot but i've lost more than a dozen arrows to robinhood/ nock/fletching damage/ and cracking hangers over a period of years.. its not worth it to me ..the cost of multiple targets is quickly off set when looking at cost of replacing damaged/ ruined arrows..

• Like 2

On an 8-1/2" piece of paper, I can nicely fit 4 bullseyes or 5 if I want to put one in the center. That means 1 arrow shot into each individual bullseye. That also means no more expensive robin hoods. I have had seven of them, and realized that when the novelty wears off, there's nothing left but the need to replace arrows. Why did it take me 7 of them to figure that out? ....... little slow I guess ..... lol.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it gets expensive....... But the novilty was great and it was a dead center hit....

It really does feel like you have just executed a perfect shot. Getting two arrows to go exactly in the same spot can be quite a confidence builder. It also makes a great picture to show friends. Congrats on your first one. Now you might consider making that your last one ..... lol.

I shot 5 my 1st week of shooting my bow and yes the novelty wore off quick when I had to buy new arrows. I now shoot at dif targets ever shot, unless shooting 40 yards or further... Nice shot in a tounament, impressive!!! Never done that yet...

You can always try to double Robin Hood the arrow that you split the first arrow with... that would be a topper for sure!

Now that would be impressive! Robin hoods would have a lot more meaning if you could do it on demand. Predict it ....then do it. Byron Ferguson could maybe be able to do that. I once watched Stacy Groscup shooting aspirins out of the air. That has got to be pretty close to being able to shoot a robin hood on demand.

That's good shooting! The question is.. did you shoot the Robin Hood because you intended too? Most "Robin Hood's" are coincidental AND expensive!

For the record, Byron Ferguson did do it, on "Sharpshooters" on the History Channel.

Edited by SteveMcD

In my league I started with the single target and now need to move to the five spot as I group them pretty tight. The arrows are now suffering because I got better !

Small price to pay I guess; There is a large group shooting and I believe this was the first one.

have had some very close ones but have not had a robin hood yet, many side by sides touching and so on. i only shoot 2-3 arrows in one spot. maybe im trying for a robin hood idk, once i get one ill deff move to different spots each time which i do sometimes anyways just to change up practice. nice shot for a tourny!! gongrats

have had some very close ones but have not had a robin hood yet, many side by sides touching and so on. i only shoot 2-3 arrows in one spot. maybe im trying for a robin hood idk, once i get one ill deff move to different spots each time which i do sometimes anyways just to change up practice. nice shot for a tourny!! gongrats

I'll tell you what's real ugly ..... my brother-in-law was shooting 5 arrows at 5 different spots and still got a robinhood.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what's real ugly ..... my brother-in-law was shooting 5 arrows at 5 different spots and still got a robinhood.

Now, that is just plain UGLY !! Thanks guys the league has been great fun and helped my shooting greatly....

Turkey season is comming

guess i spoke to soon. the other night me and my cousin were doing some shooting in the yard, it was getting fairly dark hard to see where the arrows were hitting at all, my cousin shot 3 arrows i shot one and it sounded like i hit the ground, shot another and with my lighted nock turned on and it was good in the target area, we thought hmm thats wierd better go find it before its to dark, get up to the target and my arrown was blasted right threw one of his arrows lol, he wasn't to happy. my arrow was fine but i dont know if i dare shoot it again, i checked it for cracks and such and it looks good just kinda sketches me out to try.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks it was kinda neat tho it was totally unexpected n not that great of a shot. i wouldnt mind a robin hood if the first arrow was dead center bullseye lol.

Got a bit closer and put an arrow threw my vane, guess its better than the whole arrow, these were at least close to my bullseye.

post-1755-0-37194800-1334238041_thumb.jp