Chlorine

sbuff

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Wtf! I am getting sick of these shortages.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

The news could create a shortage on thumbtacks if they did story and showed people wrestling in a supermarket. We're living with some really mindless creatures these days. 

• Like 2

I buy mine by the 50 pound bucket. I should have enough left over from last year to make it through this year. Hopefully other chemicals are not affected at well. 
Jeeezz we know who's garage to break into when the stores shelves are empty this summer.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Let's just say there is a bit of marketing going on there.

JCI is here in town - they make much of the chlorine produced in this part of the country - and they have easy capabilities to add shifts to meet demand. Right now, they're running about 120% of normal pre-pandemic output but can easily do 200% with the second shift added.

The driver is that municipalities bought up stockpiles for potential use in case of a shortage. It's not a shortage situation though - output is still happening. JCI supplies everything from NYC to cities in Ohio...

It's a small town. This is common knowledge in town.

Edited by phade

Let's just say there is a bit of marketing going on there.
JCI is here in town - they make much of the chlorine produced in this part of the country - and they have easy capabilities to add shifts to meet demand. Right now, they're running about 120% of normal pre-pandemic output but can easily do 200% with the second shift added.
The driver is that municipalities bought up stockpiles for potential use in case of a shortage. It's not a shortage situation though - output is still happening. JCI supplies everything from NYC to cities in Ohio...
It's a small town. This is common knowledge in town.

So as of now the towns plan on opening their pools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So as of now the towns plan on opening their pools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The large majority of chlorine used by municipalities is in wastewater and drinking water processes. No idea about snickers bars in the pool.

• Like 1

I order from intheswim.com no shortages that i'm aware of. way cheaper than local shops anyway when you use coupons. But I know pool building locally is backed up about 12-15 months right now.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I think a lot of this is a result of the demand for bleach and sanitizers. I know a lot of people built pools, but not sure it was enough to add this kind of shortage.

For once having a bromine pool has paid off. 

Try the online guys, their prices are surprisingly competitive giving the weight and hazmat.