Who's not getting the shot?

nybuckboy

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I was not you take it how you want. And the fact that our prisons are 10% white shoes the racial imbalance and injustices in our country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg, you liberals amaze me. How about maybe just maybe that the other 90% are just criminals that no one made commit the crime and deserve to be there

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chef said:

I was not you take it how you want. And the fact that our prisons are 10% white shoes the racial imbalance and injustices in our country

So......the other 90% are all innocent and committed no crime? :dontknow:

My wife and I have not gotten the vaccination yet. We may, or may not? Whatever we choose to do, will be our own choice, for our own reasons. Not a choice made, or influenced by chatter on a hunting forum.

• Like 8

I would never call you such things. I hung out with 3 vaccinated guys last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't quote you for that,
I know you're a live and let live type of fellow. Having said that, please have your firs shot before Thursday or prepare to wear a mask all evening.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Waterfowler said:

Sorry about your cousin. That is very very rare though. 

Its rare, but working in the hospital ive seen plenty of younger people in good shape dying from this. Fact is you don't know how itll react in your body till you get sick...so why not give yourself a better chance?

Half of the country isn't wearing masks. NY doesn't want to go there yet but wants as many vaccinated as possible...then make it so you don't need a mask if your vaccinated and let's move on.  The biggest thing that makes me want to move out of NY is that I have to wear a mask and when is it going to be lifted?  
I say once the vaccine is available to everyone for 30 days ditch the masks and the ones that chose not to get it take their own risk and let's go back to normal

I was in Florida last week and the mask usage was no different than NY. I don't think they're ever going to lift it. We need to rebel. Seriously

• Like 4

The Mermaid and I are having our second one Wednesday....

No reactions to the first one except when I woke up the next morning my testicles were lying under my pillow...

I regarded it as  strange co-incidence......

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

As an expert.....

How many of these previous trial vaccines have made it to licensing in any country in the last decade. 

You are correct in that none of the mRNA vaccines that have undergone clinical testing over the past decade have made it to market. These vaccines' targets include Zika, CMV, and Rabies, among others. In general, there hasn't been sufficient motivation to bring a new product to market, nor sense of urgency, until now - but not because of any failure or health concerns during the trials. Nevertheless, your point is valid, and good information motivates good decision making.  

I do think that the continued mask mandate is because it's impossible de novo to figure out who's been vaccinated, and who hasn't. I have no doubt (unlike others) that the mandate will lift. I would love it if NYS said, "Once we reach 70%, masks off!". Like that will happen. Nevertheless, I preach patience. Until it's time to not be patient (to paraphrase Patrick Swayze from Roadhouse).

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are correct in that none of the mRNA vaccines that have undergone clinical testing over the past decade have made it to market. These vaccines' targets include Zika, CMV, and Rabies, among others. In general, there hasn't been sufficient motivation to bring a new product to market, nor sense of urgency, until now - but not because of any failure or health concerns during the trials. Nevertheless, your point is valid, and good information motivates good decision making.  
I do think that the continued mask mandate is because it's impossible de novo to figure out who's been vaccinated, and who hasn't. I have no doubt (unlike others) that the mandate will lift. I would love it if NYS said, "Once we reach 70%, masks off!". Like that will happen. Nevertheless, I preach patience. Until it's time to not be patient (to paraphrase Patrick Swayze from Roadhouse).

This mask crap needs to end immediately. Were the numbers not as bad or worse this winter/spring with a mask mandate than 2020 without?

• Like 1

I do question the lack of clarity around goal rallying to get mask mandates or similar bureaucracy to end. Writing on the wall with travel already starting - want to go to Europe? Show proof of vaccination. 

They'd be better off setting clear targets with requisite winding down.

I don't see daily vaccination rates being this high again, ever, short of some breakthrough issue or kids being given the green light. I also don't see the old way of life ever coming back for some components - right or wrong this has been a culture altering event in our lives.

But you know what? I'm going to shoot a dang turkey Saturday.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, phade said:

I do question the lack of clarity around goal rallying to get mask mandates or similar bureaucracy to end. Writing on the wall with travel already starting - want to go to Europe? Show proof of vaccination. 

They'd be better off setting clear targets with requisite winding down.

I don't see daily vaccination rates being this high again, ever, short of some breakthrough issue or kids being given the green light. I also don't see the old way of life ever coming back for some components - right or wrong this has been a cultural altering event in our lives.

But you know what? I'm going to shoot a dang turkey Saturday.

I think the social distancing and hand washing/sanitizing will be much more prevalent every flu season and thats a good thing. I pray the masks are not. 

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think the social distancing and hand washing/sanitizing will be much more prevalent every flu season and thats a good thing. I pray the masks are not. 

I force myself to think positive, but I think we'll be much more culturally aligned with certain Asian communities that wear masks often.

Will handshakes ever be as prevalent?

I’ve always preferred a fist bump to a handshake anyway. Fauci announced CDC will change its outdoor mask guidance. I guess they finally realized what we all knew- those people outside wearing masks or driving alone in cars with masks on are idiots

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, phade said:

I force myself to think positive, but I think we'll be much more culturally aligned with certain Asian communities that wear masks often.

wasn't it reported that contact spread isnt what they thought ? Something about those hand sanitizer stations every where are basically useless?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

wasn't it reported that contact spread isnt what they thought ? Something about those hand sanitizer stations every where are basically useless?  

No idea on that stuff; but I just don't see people going back. Belief system aside, societal transformation events usually result in things going by the wayside and never returning.

9/11 being an easy example with impact on air travel. Pre-9/11, no locks on cockpits, kids could go and sit in the chairs and get pics with captains/wings, transiting security was minimal, meeting your family or friend at the gate, etc. A pair of nail clippers wouldn't result in you being looked at as a potential terrorist. Generally people held a much more positive view of flying pre-9/11. One major event and a schism happened forever, afterwards. 

That's not caused by governmental regulation either, that was society changing. It's going to happen with this, too, and on a much wider cultural scale. I think masks stay in some facet, forever. Just my take.

We're laying groundwork for a return to office for our employees, for September. It is going to be ALOT of work to find a new normal. This was a collective snow globe shake-up.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Already seeing handshakes on the rise!

• Like 1

Already seeing handshakes on the rise!

I shook HANK’s hand MASKLESS in the height of the pandemic before slinging arrows at a 3D bear in his backyard that travelled from WNY!! Some people are fearless!!!
[mention]The_Real_TCIII [/mention]
[mention]Biz-R-OWorld [/mention]

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I shook HANK’s hand MASKLESS in the height of the pandemic before slinging arrows at a 3D bear in his backyard that travelled from WNY!! Some people are fearless!!!
[mention]The_Real_TCIII [/mention]
[mention]Biz-R-OWorld [/mention]

Woah woah woah settle down tough guy LOL