Who's not getting the shot?

nybuckboy

11 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Just wait until your daughter starts school or day care. I hardly got sick then the kids started daycare and school and it seems I get some sort of minor cold at least once a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife runs a home daycare. The first two winters were atrocious. I was good for one "cold/flu" a winter/spring previously, and then I was getting sick 3-4 times those first few years. Now a few years into it, nada. 

6 minutes ago, land 1 said:

well my buddy and his wife said no wouldnt get were young under 40 we wont get sick, now she is pretty sick and has the covid and he is under quarentine so no opening weekend turkey camp for him.... he regrets it now.... just saying

My buddy had the shots ,also just got covid .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

22e110bb9ffe015d2716128e01fda468.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had this convo with a bartender.  They increased the capacity percentage but still have to maintain 6ft distance.   So it’s pretty much useless. If theyre already maxed out at 6ft and have to maintain that then they can say 100% capacity but still maintaining 6ft.  There is inly so much space   Im done with all of this shit at this point.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Had this convo with a bartender.  They increased the capacity percentage but still have to maintain 6ft distance.   So it’s pretty much useless. If theyre already maxed out at 6ft and have to maintain that then they can say 100% capacity but still maintaining 6ft.  There is inly so much space   Im done with all of this shit at this point.  

Most people and places would just say F it and open to full force but you know there is A holes out there who will turn people in for living free. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jeremy K said:

Most people and places would just say F it and open to full force but you know there is A holes out there who will turn people in for living free. 

I totally get why businesses follow these rules regardless if they disagree with them. They lost tons of business the last year and can’t afford to gamble.  So they got to play by the rules for the meantime.  It is what it is.   Im just done playing this game.  We all got the vax.  Those who didnt, well thats a personal choice at this point.  It’s not due to accessibility.  

well my buddy and his wife said no wouldnt get were young under 40 we wont get sick, now she is pretty sick and has the covid and he is under quarentine so no opening weekend turkey camp for him.... he regrets it now.... just saying

If he’s not hunting because he’s “quarantined” then he obviously doesn’t care about hunting!

I’ve been quarantined twice by work the first time I ice fished 8 out of 10 days the second time I shed hunted every day.

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If he’s not hunting because he’s “quarantined” then he obviously doesn’t care about hunting!

I’ve been quarantined twice by work the first time I ice fished 8 out of 10 days the second time I shed hunted every day.

I read it more as he won't be able to be at turkey camp, and not so much hunting. 

• Like 1

I spoke to a guy this weekend who DIDNT LEAVE HIS ROOM during quarantine! This was a couple weeks ago when our weather was like San Diego's! I didn't even know what to say

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

not at camp theres a couple older guys 70+ that got the shot in fact everyone else has but why push our luck because he didnt get shot, he can hunt just wont be at camp

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I spoke to a guy this weekend who DIDNT LEAVE HIS ROOM during quarantine! This was a couple weeks ago when our weather was like San Diego's! I didn't even know what to say

You're on speaking terms with Joe Biden?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So, I read folks posting about how fear informs our decisions. I agree, and in general I think that choosing fear over evidence is a step in the wrong direction. We can't make everybody unafraid at this point, no matter what we do, just like we can't make everybody "comfortable" all the time.

But I do think that fear is understandable when it's felt for somebody you love or care for...I couldn't care less if I get COVID, because my chances of contracting severe disease are very, very small, but I am careful for my wife, who had pneumonia at the age of five that left her lungs scarred, and I'm careful for my Mom, who's 75 years old, and I'm careful for my best buddy, who had a heart transplant three years ago. And of course I'm careful because I work in the UR Medical Center.  Not scared, per se, but leery. My 19 year old daughter can fend for herself lol...

But most importantly, I too, like Phade, shall shoot a turkey on Saturday. After catching a limit of walleye.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1

Some people confuse mask wearing in Asian countries with the need due to air quality in their heavily populated cities. I've been told by people stationed or there for work that it's pretty bad supposedly.

Also fun fact barely anyone uses PPE the way it's supposed to and often actions negate the purpose of wearing it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So, I read folks posting about how fear informs our decisions. I agree, and in general I think that choosing fear over evidence is a step in the wrong direction. We can't make everybody unafraid at this point, no matter what we do, just like we can't make everybody "comfortable" all the time.
But I do think that fear is understandable when it's felt for somebody you love or care for...I couldn't care less if I get COVID, because my chances of contracting severe disease are very, very small, but I am careful for my wife, who had pneumonia at the age of five that left her lungs scarred, and I'm careful for my Mom, who's 75 years old, and I'm careful for my best buddy, who had a heart transplant three years ago. And of course I'm careful because I work in the UR Medical Center.  Not scared, per se, but leery. My 19 year old daughter can fend for herself lol...
But most importantly, I too, like Phade, shall shoot a turkey on Saturday. After catching a limit of walleye.

After??

not at camp theres a couple older guys 70+ that got the shot in fact everyone else has but why push our luck because he didnt get shot, he can hunt just wont be at camp

That makes more sense.

I completely understand how serious it can be and I avoided other people but if the doh expected me to stay in my house for 10 days at a wack they would have needed a pretty heavy cable!

Luckily my local bait shop left me bait outside and my truck has a 36gallon tank!

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Walleye opens at midnight, bang out the limit, fillet, Dunkin donuts, then dekes out before sunrise.   Done it! Solid plan. 

Indeed. It will be a long day. RIT Imagine Festival is this weekend, too. Mostly outdoors, nice weather, masking optional? Absolutely! Since it's a virtual event this year lol.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 2

Miami Private School Informs Parents Vaccinated Teachers “May Be Transmitting Something From Their Bodies”

Vaccinated adults “may be transmitting something from their bodies” that could be impacting the “reproductive systems, fertility, and normal growth and development in women and children,” Leila Centner informed the school community. “Even among our own population, we have at least three women with menstrual cycles impacted after having spent time with a vaccinated person.” As a result, the school concluded “it is in the best interests of the children to protect them from the unknown implications of being in close proximity for the entire day with a teacher who has very recently taken the COVID-19 injection.”

Keep your children away from vaccies!