Who's not getting the shot?

nybuckboy

No side effects whatsoever from Phizer shot #1 for me. I am looking forward to #2 in a couple weeks.   Heck, I would let that pretty nurse give me a shot twice a day, if there was even a slight chance that it might help someone.  
I think you folks who are scared to get the shot are wusses.  

The religious guy that supports abortion for a virus he has less than a 1% chance of dying from calling people wusses. The irony is thick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

The religious guy that supports abortion for a virus he has less than a 1% chance of dying from calling people wusses. The irony is thick!

You sure that's what you meant to type ?  Where did you ever hear of me supporting abortion ?  I am simply estatic that Trump got to seat 3 anti-abortion Supreme court justices.

Would you be willing to accept a ban on abortion in exchange for a guarantee of your 2nd amendment rights ?  If so, It is pretty clear what party should get your vote next time.

13 hours ago, wolc123 said:

No side effects whatsoever from Phizer shot #1 for me. I am looking forward to #2 in a couple weeks.   Heck, I would let that pretty nurse give me a shot twice a day, if there was even a slight chance that it might help someone.  

I think you folks who are scared to get the shot are wusses.  

Yet turn on the tv and see side effects from drugs that now are being taken off market after years of research before the fda approved them.  Not 6 months , what are side effects 3 or 5 years from now..  heck jump off Niagara falls if you dont your a wuss.. I'll watch and so will many others see how it turns out..   it doesnt stop you from getting it ,not transmitting it, at best it may reduce your symptoms when you contract it.   So what's the emergency  us death rate for 2020 was 8.7 from 1950 it's varied from  8.4 to 8.8 with no pandemic... if it was 12 or 15% last year and one in 10 people around me died then I would say it's an emergency,  they have made huge strides  in treatments ( when is last time you heard about a ventalator shortage or numbers on ventilators??) 

I think anyone getting a shot is a lemming. Do what we tell you to do government patsys...   

Lol

• Like 5

Get the shot. I know of several people who've had the virus and were in good physical condition and are still suffering the effects almost a year later not to mention the initial illness which can knock a healthy person on their ass for weeks. The vaccine is nothing new and has been in development since the SARS outbreaks decades ago. And NO, Bill Gates is not planting a microchip into each and every dose of the vaccine.

• Like 1

"In a recent Gallup survey, Democrats did much worse than Republicans in getting the right answer to the fundamental question: What are the chances that someone who gets COVID will need to be hospitalized? The answer is between one and five percent — 41 percent of Democrats thought it was over 50 percent. Another 28 percent put the chances at 20 to 49 [percent]. So if the right-wing media bubble has to own things like climate change denial, shouldn't liberal media have to answer for 'How did your audience end up believing such a bunch of crap about COVID?'" —Bill Maher

Also heard almost 3500 people have died after getting the vaccine and we are led to believe zero were the result of the vaccine.  None.  Remember, liars can figure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Get the shot. I know of several people who've had the virus and were in good physical condition and are still suffering the effects almost a year later not to mention the initial illness which can knock a healthy person on their ass for weeks. The vaccine is nothing new and has been in development since the SARS outbreaks decades ago. And NO, Bill Gates is not planting a microchip into each and every dose of the vaccine.

What,  no vaccine was being developed.

These vaccines are being pushed on us with zero long term testing.  I can see the commercials in 5 yrs,

if you had the vaccine, and had complications........

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mowin said:

I can see the commercials in 5 yrs, if you had the vaccine, and had complications........

You will never see this, because all the drug makers have been given complete immunity from liability if anything happens to you after getting the shot.

• Thanks 1

Everybody has to make up their own mind.

But based on good information, not hearsay. Check out the adverse reactions database if you want numbers prior to deciding. I've heard many say that they know folks who have (insert your own tragedy here) after getting the shot. But it is literally illegal to hide these adverse events, and they are self reportable, not just by doctors. Look what happened with the J&J vaccine. Fifteen post-menopausal women out of 4 million shots administered, and they paused the program while searching for answers. Adverse reactions are recognized and responded to, not hidden.

As for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, we are nearly fully vaccinated at UR using mainly those, and I have heard of a single case of a doctor's wife who had myalgia that was severe enough to keep her in bed for two days. Most shrug it off, with ~25% of the lucky ones feeling like they got hit by a bus the day after. But then fine the day after that. 

Also, being in the medical research field, I'm well aware of complications from targeted pharmaceuticals, many of which don't show up until the data emerges years later. Heck, my own research shut down a European company that was touting a drug we showed to have major off-target effects. 

But this is not a drug. It's mRNA that makes a piece of the virus, in order to elicit an immune response. The same thing happens if the virus infects you, except that you get the whole virus, not just an inactive piece of it, and could suffer short or long term consequences thereby. Nobody knows what happens to COVID patients five years down the line. The emerging evidence is not reassuring.

It's not a synthetic drug that you take every day. It's there, it does it's job, and it's gone. And it's a proven technology that has been used in other vaccines over the past decade, albeit not on this scale. 

That's the facts. If you're still not convinced, so be it. Like I say, everybody has the right to choose.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I dont want to add fuel to this thread ,my mistake.

Edited by Jeremy K

21 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Everybody has to make up their own mind.

But based on good information, not hearsay. Check out the adverse reactions database if you want numbers prior to deciding. I've heard many say that they know folks who have (insert your own tragedy here) after getting the shot. But it is literally illegal to hide these adverse events, and they are self reportable, not just by doctors. Look what happened with the J&J vaccine. Fifteen post-menopausal women out of 4 million shots administered, and they paused the program while searching for answers. Adverse reactions are recognized and responded to, not hidden.

As for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, we are nearly fully vaccinated at UR using mainly those, and I have heard of a single case of a doctor's wife who had myalgia that was severe enough to keep her in bed for two days. Most shrug it off, with ~25% of the lucky ones feeling like they got hit by a bus the day after. But then fine the day after that. 

Also, being in the medical research field, I'm well aware of complications from targeted pharmaceuticals, many of which don't show up until the data emerges years later. Heck, my own research shut down a European company that was touting a drug we showed to have major off-target effects. 

But this is not a drug. It's mRNA that makes a piece of the virus, in order to elicit an immune response. The same thing happens if the virus infects you, except that you get the whole virus, not just an inactive piece of it, and could suffer short or long term consequences thereby. Nobody knows what happens to COVID patients five years down the line. The emerging evidence is not reassuring.

It's not a synthetic drug that you take every day. It's there, it does it's job, and it's gone. And it's a proven technology that has been used in other vaccines over the past decade, albeit not on this scale. 

That's the facts. If you're still not convinced, so be it. Like I say, everybody has the right to 

Good luck getting wusses and athiests to listen to scientific reason.  Most of them still believe that something can be made from nothing and that new life begins at birth.  Thier beliefs are focused on "science be damned"

59 minutes ago, knehrke said:

And it's a proven technology that has been used in other vaccines over the past decade, albeit not on this scale. 

That's the facts. 

As an expert.....

How many of these previous trial vaccines have made it to licensing in any country in the last decade. 

I am definitely NOT getting the jab, for all the reasons already discussed but mainly for the fact that I have already had the virus. Everyone I know that had the virus then recovered and rushed out and got the vaccine was either super sick or violent ill.

Are you feeling 100%...I hope so.
Our doctors and pediatrician (and family members who are dr) advised us to get it as the likelihood of the side effects of the vaccine will be less than the long term side effects if you get the virus. My kids are athletes and a singer...lung function for those who had Covid seems greatly impacted and lung issues for singers and athletes can’t be ok.

This is the thread where the uneducated, simple, downright idiots come out to play. I mean crap one guy is taking about getting railed by elephants which we all know already happened to him at his job at least twice

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

This is the thread where the uneducated, simple, downright idiots come out to play. I mean crap one guy is taking about getting railed by elephants which we all know already happened to him at his job at least twice

Tell us how you really feel...lol

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Are you feeling 100%...I hope so.
Our doctors and pediatrician (and family members who are dr) advised us to get it as the likelihood of the side effects of the vaccine will be less than the long term side effects if you get the virus. My kids are athletes and a singer...lung function for those who had Covid seems greatly impacted and lung issues for singers and athletes can’t be ok.

I am fully recovered and feeling fine, thank you for asking.

I will never judge someone who makes the decision to get the vaccine, as I view it as a personal choice. I am young and relatively healthy, take pretty good care of myself and have no underlying conditions (that I know of) so even before I got sick I wasn't really that worried about it.

Elderly people, people with severe underlying conditions and those amongst us (this does not pertain to anyone on this board as far as I know) who live their life gripped with fear and wear N-95 masks in their cars with the windows rolled up all alone should get this, simy for their mental health alone.

This is just my opinion. If your opinion is different and you feel you should get it, by all means God Bless.

• Like 2