4/24 - Striper Fishing GTG LIVE

BizCT

Last time I crossed the Tappan Zee was in 1973.....How many of you Westchester Rugrats were alive then  ??

I’m the closest to that number of this band of hooligans...but even I were not yet a twinkle in my Pop’s eye during that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, Chef said:

6abb5e2799bbdf97c78b2b36120feca9.jpg
13c22bb33a352010efbc5c25456c6f1c.jpg
7bf759d98f28937d95d162fbc69336fa.jpg

15ab18030f475506c001e7b47f0eaafc.jpg
Dozen eels, 6 dozen bloodworms and couple Cubans!! Cooking a early dinner now and leaving the house by 5

I know that spot. I keep m boat in portchester and am there all the time. We gotta get out one day. Maybe trade some of those cubans for a trip on the boat ;)

• Like 1

I know that spot. I keep m boat in portchester and am there all the time. We gotta get out one day. Maybe trade some of those cubans for a trip on the boat

I’m down when ever! I’m sure some of the crew wouldn’t mind coming along

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Depends if he's a good boat captain or not emoji6.png

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Depends what you call good. I can get the boat from point a to point b and back to the dock no problem.

Finding the fish on the other hand is a whole different story. 

• Like 2

Depends what you call good. I can get the boat from point a to point b and back to the dock no problem.

Finding the fish I’m pretty good at..

• Like 1

We use to troll for them in the Kingston area. We just used the fish finder to locate the depth they were at, and used downriggers with big Rapalas. Clown color outfished everything day in day out, but blue or black and silver also produced reliably. This didn't produce the huge ones, but caught lots in the 15-20 pound range. 

We had days where we couldn't bum a bite, and days where we would boat 20 or more. Stripers are a hard fighting fish that is for sure.

• Like 1

We use to troll for them in the Kingston area. We just used the fish finder to locate the depth they were at, and used downriggers with big Rapalas. Clown color outfished everything day in day out, but blue or black and silver also produced reliably. This didn't produce the huge ones, but caught lots in the 15-20 pound range. 
We had days where we couldn't bum a bite, and days where we would boat 20 or more. Stripers are a hard fighting fish that is for sure.

The guys with boats have been catching giants locally lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well not sinking was really my only real concern lol

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

12 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Well not sinking was really my only real concern lol

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I can avoid that. Depending how big of guys we have.... 

Once the boat gets put in we can plan a little GTG. Its my fathers boat but im allowed to use it whenever so lets make the plan 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tylerdun9 said:

heck yeah!!!! you guys had a good night i see. although i thought it was illegal to take them out of the water

In a perfect scenario or boatside unhooking without taking out of the water would have been preferred. But up against those rocks in the pitch black would have been impossible. Chris got the hook out quick while I snapped a pic and off it went back into the water.

Here are the five things, according to the DEC, that anglers should be aware of if they have incidental contact with a sturgeon:

1. Avoid bringing the fish into the boat or onto shore if possible.

2. Use pliers or a fishing tool to remove any hook.

3. Always support the fish horizontally. Do not hold a sturgeon in a vertical position by their head, gills, or tail.

4. Never touch their eyes or gill plates.

5. Minimize the time they spend out of the water and return the sturgeon to the water immediately once freed from your fishing gear.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

In a perfect scenario or boatside unhooking without taking out of the water would have been preferred. But up against those rocks in the pitch black would have been impossible. Chris got the hook out quick while I snapped a pic and off it went back into the water.

Here are the five things, according to the DEC, that anglers should be aware of if they have incidental contact with a sturgeon:
3. Always support the fish horizontally. Do not hold a sturgeon in a vertical position by their head, gills, or tail.
5. Minimize the time they spend out of the water and return the sturgeon to the water immediately once freed from your fishing gear.

6. Milk it of all it eggs and serve over sturgeon sashimi washed down with a Ruby Red.

I kid!!! No sturgeon were harmed in the making of this joke. All the first 5 rules were followed

• Like 3

If they're that sawft how'd they last hundreds of millions of years??

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If they're that sawft how'd they last hundreds of millions of years??

The one Chris caught was estimated to only be 67 years old

• Like 1