Brought home my new boat

WNYBuckHunter

I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while, and finally sold my deck boat and found a great deal on a bass boat. I left Yesterday morning, spent the night at a friends house in Jersey and picked her up in Philly this afternoon. It’s a 2006 Stratos 18 1/2 foot with a 150 Evinrude. I bought It from its original owner, who had only put a verified 150 hours on the gas engine since new. Most of the lakes he fished were electric only. The boat is in almost new condition, and already has everything I need To get on the water. I’ll upgrade a few things over time, but she’s a great rig as is. I’ll have her in the water tomorrow for the shake down run!

D35E1CE5-C741-4AE6-878A-30FF467122F4.jpeg

967DF34B-FCFB-44FE-8A6C-C2B987D48206.jpeg

B0E29E40-882B-4964-8E5A-FD261D517504.jpeg

687C6740-4136-419D-80F6-200AE632FDEA.jpeg

D47EEC07-EAEF-45B7-AFB1-354BF11A2AA8.jpeg

• Like 23

32 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Well, how fast did it go?  :)

I forgot That lake has a 45 speed limit. My buddy reminded me after I blew Past the Sheriff doing north of 60 on the GPS. Had a bit more to go but she started chine walking and I let off. 

It hangs with his 21 with a 225 on it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

Nice boat. Whole new you with a new fishing boat and a new red chevy! Haha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks. That’s my dads truck that he left to me. It’s a 2000 with only 125k on it and runs like a top. Holds a little sentimental value, so I opted to sell the Ram and keep this one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Stratos makes a great bass boat! See lots if em at tourneys. Great looking boat for sure! Have fun and wish youtight lines!

You looking to fish some club tournaments?

Thanks. I love the boat. Missed on a Ranger a day before I found This one. No regrets. 

i joined a club this year that ive been fishing with as a guest for 4 years or so. I’m planning to fish about 10 tournaments this year. First one is Saturday, a pike tournament, biggest fish takes the cash. Evan will be fishing as a guest in a few tournaments since he’s too young to be a member. Gonna be a good summer. 

• Like 2

Thanks. That’s my dads truck that he left to me. It’s a 2000 with only 125k on it and runs like a top. Holds a little sentimental value, so I opted to sell the Ram and keep this one. 
Thought you were Mopar or die person and maybe truck was previous owner of the boat or something. That's a hell of a reason though. Hope you have good luck with it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Figured I’d do a little update on the boat now that I’ve used it a bunch. A buddy in the club gave me a slightly upgraded trolling motor a couple of days after I bought The boat. Basically just a more variable speed version of what came with it. It’s been better to control than the original one. Yesterday I ordered the first two of the big upgrades I’ll be doing, a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor and a Lowrance HDS Carbon 7 graph. Eventually this graph will find its home at the console, but for now it’s going up front to tie in with the Ghost. All of the stuff should be in this week or early next week, but I’m really hoping to have them before the weekend. 

With all of the features of the Ghost, it will be a huge upgrade to the boat. The graph will be nice, but until the next upgrade happens, not a huge improvement. The next thing will be a 9” or 12” HDS Carbon for the front of the boat, move the 7” to the console, and add a new transducer for the rear to enable side scan and a few other goodies. Can’t wait to get the Ghost on for now. Anchor mode, being able to chart automatic routes, and almost 100 lbs of thrust will be great for keeping my mind on fishing rather than fiddling with the trolling motor all the time. 

I’ll post some pics once it’s all installed. I’ll also have a trolling motor up for sale if anyone is interested. I dont Need 2 extras hanging around. 

• Like 5

Trolling motor came in today, graph came yesterday, so I spent the evening taking the old stuff off and installing the new. The NMEA kit that I ordered To connect the trolling motor to the graph for GPS, autopilot (not sure what they call it), and the programmable buttons didn’t come today like it was supposed to, so I’ll install that later. I’ll be on the water tomorrow to test things out. The deck looks a ton cleaner now, which is a nice bonus. 

7566063B-D792-45E2-B878-F2080E580AA2.jpeg

E628355C-1D65-458D-A9AD-85ED992F043B.jpeg

7DB914F4-BE6B-495E-9D74-C85BEF483742.jpeg

F922D518-7A93-4529-9725-4F83CC6A131D.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, grampy said:

Real sweet set up! You're gonna love it!

What's the info on the unit you are selling?

The old trolling motor sold before I had A chance to post it lol. It was a basic bow mount MinnKota. I’m going to sell the old graph as well, that is an old basic Lowrance black and white. I can get the model number a little later. 

• Like 1

I tested everything out the other day. Trolling motor worked great, but the graph was blanking out every so often. We did some diagnostics to it and discovered that the switched power I had Connected it to was only putting out about 10 volts, and these units are picky about the power they need. Today I ran Direct power to it and that seems to have solved the issue. I also Put my NMEA backbone together and linked the Ghost to the Carbon. Now I can use the autopilot, and can create waypoints just by hitting a button on the foot pedal rather than bend down to the graph all the time. 

I also pulled the center seat out of the boat and installed some SeaDeck where it used to be. I usually just have 1 person on the boat with me, and I didnt Want the seat being ruined from people stepping on it to get up on the back deck. At some point I’ll make a quick detach bracket for it so I can Quickly remove or install it. 

the last upgrade before tournament season is supposed to be here this week. I ordered a tray to recess the trolling motor foot pedal into the deck. Gonna be a little nerve racking cutting my carpet and chopping a big hole in my boat lol. 

180C1947-3930-402B-BA70-75D46FCBBEA0.jpeg

A5706BBB-FBBC-4468-8B9D-43FAF68446E5.jpeg

9A77E586-81BC-4D8F-B8DF-07F3BEB03632.jpeg