Trouble finding Turkey Shot

bartramsimpson

I'm having trouble finding turkey shot. I called a dozen places today and everywhere seems to be out of 4-6, 3". 

I'm planning on turkey hunting for the first time this weekend. I figured I could pick some up some ammo on my way upstate, but now I'm beginning to think that might not be so easy. 

If anyone has any idea where I can find some ammo, it would be greatly appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, bartramsimpson said:

I'm having trouble finding turkey shot. I called a dozen places today and everywhere seems to be out of 4-6, 3". 

I'm planning on turkey hunting for the first time this weekend. I figured I could pick some up some ammo on my way upstate, but now I'm beginning to think that might not be so easy. 

If anyone has any idea where I can find some ammo, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Oh boy, I was in your shoes a few weeks ago. A forum member stepped up and sold me some turkey loads for a great price. Hopefully you have the same luck. 

• Like 1

Where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ive looked all over nada in cny,  and even on-line nada, you may have to use any shot shell you can find maybe a waterfowl load but finding an actual turkey load will be tuff and very lucky keep your shots within in 30yards and any shot will actally do the job imo, lots of birds have been killed with plain old 2 3/4 upland bird loads

Edited by land 1
add content

Oneonta Walmart only has 3 1/2 “ turkloads left maybe 10 boxes. Last night when I was passing through. I  was looking for 3 inch 20 gauge magnum loads for my son . nothing there like that .   I may have to break open a 50 year old box of Hawkins 20 gauge from the closet .