Pole saw.

Used neighbors electric pole saw from harbor freight when moved into house.lacked in power and chain would loosen up to frequently for my liking but overall worked good for what i needed!!.insurance comp. gave me a hard time with "moss on shingles"(was hardly anything) but took care of that prob quick dropping limbs that i prob shouldnt have!!!one almost took me off the ladder and bent the fence post :rofl:.id prefer gas for sure,or name brand!!!

Edited by doebuck1234

23 minutes ago, mowin said:

Same saw as Bionic.

Probably had it for for 10 yrs. Extended, it gets rather heavy, but cuts very quick with the nicro chain. 

Agree 100%...you get your arm workout for sure using it.  I try to use our rack body to get up that much higher, to avoid extending the saw out so much.

33 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Agree 100%...you get your arm workout for sure using it.  I try to use our rack body to get up that much higher, to avoid extending the saw out so much.

Lol, I've raised my nephew in my tractor bucket to get higher.  

I bought an electric pole saw last summer for around the house work. I was really impressed with it, I was able to cut a few 12" limbs down with it. For the price it's definitely worth it as long as you aren't going too far from an electrical source. I think I paid $90 for it?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I have a Ryobi battery operated one that works great but I've also used gmans a bunch out at his property and that thing is a beast the batteries last forever and cut through hardwood without a problem.

A few years ago I purchased several 40 volt Greenworks tools including their pole saw and have had very good luck with all of them. I just did a bunch of limbing with the pole saw and it worked great, it is heavy and will give you a good workout but that is the only negative.

Al

We've used the Kobalt 40-Volt Max 8-inch saw from Lowes for years, and it's great for what it does. Two caveats though: first, the bar oil can leak if you store the head piece on it's side (and it's nearly impossible not to, given the blade angle), and second, it's a tough SOB to get apart where the pieces connect. But for the price, it's great, and the batteries are interchangable with the hedge trimmer and leaf blower that we own. I also see that they make an 80-Volt model now with a ten-inch bar.

My commercial Huskey with attachments is very well used and a god send.   The pole saw attachment works amazing well.   I have a quarter mile of access road into my cabin in the woods.  A couple years ago I had a pole barn built and wanted a concrete floor.  No way could concrete or dump trucks make it down that road without me clearing the canopy.  The pole saw attachment more than payed for itself.  But as other have said, working overhead for any long period of time is a bit brutal.   I know as I spent two eight hour days during the hottest days of August doing it.  My arms looked like Popeye's.  I still carried my manual pole saw with me as it could extend much higher.

I also have the hedge trimmer attachment that comes in quite handy and it trims more than just shrubs.

By far most most useful attachment is the brush cutter one where I can attach a carbide tip saw blade.  This cuts down trees that are 2" in diameter or less with little issue.  It's great for making trails.   Particular those that lead right past my tree stand.

The one attachment I don't think I've ever used is the string trimmer