Anyone stop at this convenient store?

ncountry

My grandparents had a camp up in St. Regis for ages. We base camped outa there and hunted up Paul Smiths way for 20 years well 20 years ago lol. Never saw one buck alive near that size!! I did see some absolute bruisers taken over the years but if those are all from one hunter or family of hunters they know their shit lol! I have not been that way in 8 or so years and if that store was there I never was in it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My grandparents had a camp up in St. Regis for ages. We base camped outa there and hunted up Paul Smiths way for 20 years well 20 years ago lol. Never saw one buck alive near that size!! I did see some absolute bruisers taken over the years but if those are all from one hunter or family of hunters they know their shit lol! I have not been that way in 8 or so years and if that store was there I never was in it.

I've hunted  a few pieces of state  land in the area over the years and I never happened across anything special either. I asked the girls behind the counter, but nobody knew anything about the deer.

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

Nice deer..however please do not buy your pizza where you buy your gas. That’s not pizza!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right you are..lol.

Especially when they gave us the 4 slices because they had been there a bit.

I was hungry though and not very discerning. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Nice deer..however please do not buy your pizza where you buy your gas. That’s not pizza!

upstate pizza sucks!  Most of the rural places around here finding a good pizza is like finding a 12 pointer in the Dacks.  Utica has some but not driving 30 minutes to get there.  Locally blah, not many choices. 

Unless you are@turkeyfeathers in which case fold your pizza slices front to back then left to right making some bastardized piece of pizza origami

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've got some family in the Malone area, which is just a little SE of Regis. Those guys do pretty good up there on mature bucks. Anytime I have hunted with them up there, I usually see nothing!!! Been a few years since I've been up there. Perhaps this year I'll take the yearly invite and try again? More so to hang out with my cousins, than to kill a deer. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Avocolis in camden not bad same for la roma.

Love the st regis area but never been to that store . 

La Romas is closed and for sale.

There's a few ok ones around.  But when you want a pizza night , at least for me, just want to order one and pickup on the way home from work.  Just nothing much good around Oneida area. Have to travel east or west a ways it seems. 

These days I will just make my own on the grill.  But that's not just a fast pickup and go.  And also not really a good wing place here either.  

The farther you go north the more your option is gas station pizza only.  

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

There's a few ok ones around.  But when you want a pizza night , at least for me, just want to order one and pickup on the way home from work.  Just nothing much good around Oneida area. Have to travel east or west a ways it seems. 

These days I will just make my own on the grill.  But that's not just a fast pickup and go.  And also not really a good wing place here either.  

I hear ya, NY pizza in Canastota is good as well at Nina's in Chittenango.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I hear ya, NY pizza in Canastota is good as well at Nina's in Chittenango.

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

upstate pizza sucks!  Most of the rural places around here finding a good pizza is like finding a 12 pointer in the Dacks.  Utica has some but not driving 30 minutes to get there.  Locally blah, not many choices. 

If you ever go to New Berlin try NY Pizzeria and Sherburne has Joe and Vinnies they also have a couple other places like in norwich.  Nina's in Norwich is good also

2 hours ago, DDT said:

I've had gas station sushi at a place near the Orlando airport where we stop to fill up the rental car. Really good. No diarrhea anyway...

Was it Orlando, Japan?

Unless you meant the urban dictionary definition of "gas station sushi" in which case, I admire your bravery more so. 

Edited by left field