37 acres in Rochester

5 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I have been there.  Did some work for the owner.  The guest house alone is gorgeous.   Good bow hunting there too I am sure.   By the way, they were asking $3mm a few years ago.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have been there.  Did some work for the owner.  The guest house alone is gorgeous.   Good bow hunting there too I am sure.   By the way, they were asking $3mm a few years ago.  

Sounds like a nice spot for you to start a hunting club.  I'm in! 

1 minute ago, johnplav said:

Sounds like a nice spot for you to start a hunting club.  I'm in! 

Ok - great plan.  $1.5mm fee to join.  They really did spend $12mm building it.   It’s just not in the right location to get the money back out.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i played the lottery and hoped to win this.  15 minutes from my house.  Would love it (minus the high fence elk area) but what a great GTG we could have here!   its off the market now i guess. https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/750-acres-in-Madison-County-New-York/2327333/

this is avail and am guessing they split it up.  Got my lottery ticket for the next draw! Which i would like this even better and can build what i would like. Although the processing room and indoor 3D archery range are def impressive.

Will keep you posted.  lol 

https://www.whitetailproperties.com/hunting-land/new-york/madison-ny/prime-whitetail-habitat-dense-mixed-woods-flat-large-parcel

Edited by Robhuntandfish

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I was shocked at how low that is considering 10ksqft house and 37 acres. Thought for sure it would be $150K+ in taxes

I couldn't fathom throwing that kind of money away on taxes - even if I had it to burn. That's almost 1 mil over a 30 year mortgage. 

14 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I couldn't fathom throwing that kind of money away on taxes - even if I had it to burn. That's almost 1 mil over a 30 year mortgage. 

Yea, it's crazy. I mean locally it's mostly for the good schools. But once your kids are out of school, what's the point? $20-$40K+ taxes on under a half acre aren't uncommon.

• Like 2