Said goodbye to my Buddy yesterday.

Otto

6 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

So sorry they take a chunk of of hearts with them every time we lose one  and we don't learn i will always have a dog or 2 .  Heal your heart save another 

You may want to read the essay I linked to, Cynthia. I just did and it mimics what you just said.

So sorry for your loss, Tony.....

I have lost several  treasured canine friends over the years...

Just don't let the pain of loss prevent you from getting another dog...

Several of my friends have  decided not to get another dog after losing a beloved one, and I think that is so sad...

They are cheating themselves of the  enrichment of having another  treasured family member...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Several of my friends have  decided not to get another dog after losing a beloved one, and I think that is so sad...

That would be me. After owning dogs my whole life I lost one that could never be replaced. It wouldn't do me or the dog justice to get another one.

Dogs can touch us in a way no other can.

Thank you everyone for all the notes of condolences.  The house is a bit quieter for sure.  Time will heal, and maybe there will be another dog in our future soon.  

19 hours ago, left field said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

When you have a moment, Oyez à Beaumont is the best thing I've ever read about a dog's death. The author, Vicki Hearne, was a dog trainer/author/philosopher and a student of Bill Koehler.

That was a great story.  Another dog, same breed, right away, may not be in the immediate future, but will be soon enough! 

• Like 1