Good luck to all

Pygmy

Good luck to you and everyone else too. I won't be out long myself because I'll have to get to work spraying in the morning. Because of that I won't be hunting at my house and instead hunting where I saw a tom earlier in the week in an onion field with some hens. I set up a blind this afternoon.  Hopefully its still there in the morning!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, E J said:

Good luck to you and everyone else too. I won't be out long myself because I'll have to get to work spraying in the morning. Because of that I won't be hunting at my house and instead hunting where I saw a tom earlier in the week in an onion field with some hens. I set up a blind this afternoon.  Hopefully its still there in the morning!

Spraying? Apples?

Good luck to all.  I will be trying for my first spring tom in the morning.  So far, I have only managed one fall hen in my turkey hunting career.  

I had a close call at home on a tom last spring, but he surprised me by coming in quiet to my calls and I wasn't ready for the shot.  I have not seen any signs of turkeys around my place this spring.

Fortunately, my folks have been seeing them over at thier place, about 20 minutes away, so that's where I will be in the morning.  I just got to spray my bibs with Sawyers , load up the suv, and I will be ready for a 5 am departure.

I am taking my popup blind, a hen decoy, my 870 and some 3" #5's, a chair, and a couple calls.  They have been feeding in the clover every morning over there so my plan is to put up the blind and set the decoy 25 yards in front.  I will only use a call if nothing shows up on schedule by the decoy.

• Like 2

Not a huge bird hunter as dont see many on property,have went 2 or 3 times.last weeks cam pull showed none but the 2 weeks before that had birds so planning on giving it a go tomorrow morning.clothes,seat and boots are in truck.choke is in the mossberg 500 and hoping for a little luck on my side tom morning!!!!

• Like 1

I've hunted every single opening day of spring gobbler season since 1981 until this year.  A week ago today my lower back went south on me and although I'm feeling better,  I'm not 100% and am leery of making it worse with a slip & fall or any other ways to bung it up.  

It was a good run...... :)

Good luck all but more importantly, be safe.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I've hunted every single opening day of spring gobbler season since 1981 until this year.  A week ago today my lower back went south on me and although I'm feeling better,  I'm not 100% and am leery of making it worse with a slip & fall or any other ways to bung it up.  

It was a good run...... :)

Good luck all but more importantly, be safe.

Bummer, Larry....Hope you get better soon...We'll save a couple for you....