ALERT ALERT ....... CHICKEN WING SHORTAGE IS LOOMING....... WNY HAS CALLED A STATE OF EMERGENCY........

well not yet but saw a story on the news of a chicken shortage coming.   

But am finding a lot of shortages and its causing some issues.  Vehicles are ridiculous.  The largest dealer around here has 44 vehicles, including used, on the lot.  They usually have 44 just F150's. Production has been halted because of lack of chips and vehicles are built and just sitting there that need parts that are scarce.  Dealers can order vehicles mostly but are saying youd be lucky to see them by January.  Been waiting on panels for a van for 2 months, fire extinguishers have gone up due to availability of supplies etc, etc.  Not good for the economy. Hope we catch up soon as prices of everything is on the rise. To me the market looks like a mess cause its not based on anything but a roullette wheel of garbage popular stock that has no basis in production, but people are scoring large as long as they sell off at the right time.  Crazy stuff. Gonna take a few years to get out of this and hope inflation doesnt get too out of control. 

Ammo is short too but for other reasons that demand is just so much higher than supply can keep up with. 

I put this in the political section cause things like this always end up being a political arguement..... blah. 

45 minutes ago, Belo said:

Nice rant and actually pretty spot on. I heard bacon and ketchup were on the shortage list too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not bacon......noooooooo!  lol.  This has got to be the first time in any of our lives that we have ever real had things unavailable to us. As Americans yes we have been spoiled or had it good, but it is definitely an adjustment for business operations that will take a while to come out of.  

With all the pork the government is handing out I would expect a bacon shortage:rolleyes:.

Shortages will continue to grow in part because employers can't find people to fill positions due to  the government paying people more to stay home than they would earn working a real job. Employers will be forced to 1) pay more or 2) offer hiring bonuses, resulting in higher costs.

It may pick up after Sept. if they don't extend the federal unemployment benefits, but by then the backlog will be horrendous and prices will be through the roof. If benefits are extended shortages will get even worse

Aren't we a brilliant nation:scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't noticed much as far as a shortage goes but everything is more expensive than a year ago that's for sure. Ammo obviously has been problematic to get but if you are willing to pay 3x more than normal you can usually find it online at least. Couple of weeks ago Tractor supply didnt have any riding mower filters in stock but I noticed they had them this weekend. I use to buy a 40 pound box of chicken breasts for right around $40 now that same box is $70 plus and steadily going up.

I hate thinking this way but it seems like companies are using covid as an excuse as to why there prices have increased and I wonder if it's true or if it's an easy lie to charge more because people are paying it. 

the latest issues we're seeing is just logistics. Can't hire drivers to move product and that affects the whole supply chain. I've generally been pretty supportive of the covid relief plans but all I see is help wanted signs everywhere and something has to chain. If the country is reopening or opened we need to now "push" people back to work. This is where a republican would shine. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 2

the latest issues we're seeing is just logistics. Can't hire drivers to move product and that effects the whole supply chain. I've generally been pretty supportive of the covid relief plans but all I see is help wanted signs everywhere and something has to chain. If the country is reopening or opened we need to now "push" people back to work. This is where a republican would shine. 

Drivers are picking and choosing their loads, it's mayhem. I've literally had loads abandoned mid trip because they got a better haul. And they couldn't care less that we will never use them again. Transportation costs have nearly doubled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Construction companies can’t find workers as many are collecting the ramped up unemployment pay , and working off the books on their own .

Gas tanker drivers moved on to other jobs , when people weren’t driving much ,  and covid shut down the CDl classes so no replacements now .

Hope you don’t need an ambulance in Roch. always a high turn over field covid shut down the training for new hires, as well as requiring long deacon between runs , the anti,police movement has caused many cops to leave and many police jobs hold for hours , so clearing the scene for EMS isn’t timely . Emboldened criminals , higher crime rate and EMS workers are packing it in .

We always try to stock up on consumables, so things like ammo, pool Chlorine , chicken , paper products , limited edition gin are stacked high and deep here .

• Like 2

every restaurant around cant find any help, our company has a ton of open positions, drive down the road and huge "we are hiring" signs at Walmart and lowes etc etc.  They say the unemployment rate is around 6% but it sure feels higher.  

CDL drivers are def a nationwide issue.  It has been an issue but is def gettign worse.  School districts are paying $22/hr to start and i know drivers that are making $32/hr + .  Why would you want to be an over the road truck driver and pass that up?? yet even the schools cant find people to hire or train.  The requirements to drive have become more difficult.  I have been preaching for a few years now to get out of the CDL driver need and find other ways and am working on it.  

gonna be a while for us to recover if we do and not get more reliant on govt which is seemingly the way its going.  

And Nomad you are stacked! and I picture you this summer- at the pool, BBQ with chicken on it and a gin fizz, shooting off your back deck cause you can!  lol 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Drivers are picking and choosing their loads, it's mayhem. I've literally had loads abandoned mid trip because they got a better haul. And they couldn't care less that we will never use them again. Transportation costs have nearly doubled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

our production division same thing.  We seem to be paying at least 1/3 more and so often trucks arent available.  Those expenses have to be passsed on and it makes it had to bid on jobs. 

• Like 1

Shot trap last night and was looking forward to a burger and a few beers with the guys.  Tried three different restaurants, all jam packed.  Finally found one that had an open spot.  Only one waitress two bartenders and who knows who in back.  Waitress came over and said, I’m slammed, I have no idea how long it will be before I can take your order.  Finally got a beer from the bar, drank that and came home.  

It’s going to be a long summer, and I don’t think fall is going to change much.  The extra unemployment is just one thing holding up people getting back to work.  A lot of those furloughed people are just going to stay home, unemployment or not.  

• Like 2

So how did all of this crap come to be?  What caused it?  

If you think it was the Chinese virus, think again.

It was the way our government chose to deal with the virus.  Anything the government gets involved in gets ruined.  And it continues to cause mayhem in the market right now with it's totalitarian mandates.  Yet the people who are in elected positions that are responsible for this mayhem will be re-elected. Don't agree?  Explain Cuomo.

If the elections have not become fraudulent and controlled by the people already in power, the electorate can look in the mirror and see who they should blame for our country's current woes.  If we continue to allow the government to control massive amounts of our economy, we can continue to expect crises after crises, and higher costs for everything.  People better start educating themselves about situational awareness.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Otto said:

Shot trap last night and was looking forward to a burger and a few beers with the guys.  Tried three different restaurants, all jam packed.  Finally found one that had an open spot.  Only one waitress two bartenders and who knows who in back.  Waitress came over and said, I’m slammed, I have no idea how long it will be before I can take your order.  Finally got a beer from the bar, drank that and came home.  

It’s going to be a long summer, and I don’t think fall is going to change much.  The extra unemployment is just one thing holding up people getting back to work.  A lot of those furloughed people are just going to stay home, unemployment or not.  

Someone told me that on Long Island almost the entire service industry work force is here on visas, and they arent getting them this year. I was at The Distilllery in Fairport this past Saturday and the place was practically empty but we didnt get seated for over an hour. The manager said she has next to no employees, and if we knew anyone that could breath and wanted a job she'd hire them sight unseen

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

So how did all of this crap come to be?  What caused it?  

If you think it was the Chinese virus, think again.

It was the way our government chose to deal with the virus.  Anything the government gets involved in gets ruined.  And it continues to cause mayhem in the market right now with it's totalitarian mandates.  Yet the people who are in elected positions that are responsible for this mayhem will be re-elected. Don't agree?  Explain Cuomo.

If the elections have not become fraudulent and controlled by the people already in power, the electorate can look in the mirror and see who they should blame for our country's current woes.  If we continue to allow the government to control massive amounts of our economy, we can continue to expect crises after crises, and higher costs for everything.  People better start educating themselves about situational awareness.

I think you're partially right. When the virus first hit, we absolutely needed some relief. But the issue we have now as that the current admin is all about social welfare so now it's their in to keep it this way. Their base will scream bloody murder if you take away their free benefits. 

In short, the pandemic benefits were needed, but now as we reopen just about everything they need to go and if they don't start communicating that now it'll get worse as people do deserve some time to find the job and make arrangements for child care and what not. 

• Like 1

every restaurant around cant find any help, our company has a ton of open positions, drive down the road and huge "we are hiring" signs at Walmart and lowes etc etc.  They say the unemployment rate is around 6% but it sure feels higher.  
CDL drivers are def a nationwide issue.  It has been an issue but is def gettign worse.  School districts are paying $22/hr to start and i know drivers that are making $32/hr + .  Why would you want to be an over the road truck driver and pass that up?? yet even the schools cant find people to hire or train.  The requirements to drive have become more difficult.  I have been preaching for a few years now to get out of the CDL driver need and find other ways and am working on it.  
gonna be a while for us to recover if we do and not get more reliant on govt which is seemingly the way its going.  
And Nomad you are stacked! and I picture you this summer- at the pool, BBQ with chicken on it and a gin fizz, shooting off your back deck cause you can!  lol 

I just got my CDL so I can drive my golf team to away matches using the districts van. We are a tiny district and don’t have our own buses (except for this one that site there since we have only one driver who is only available after 4:00- great logic!).
I have a college degrees, education certificates out the wazoo, a masters plus 45 credits and almost quit three times trying to navigate all the BS to get the basic CDL. It’s absurd and even more absurd to think that the guys driving buses around us were able to jump all those hoops- no offense to any drivers out there(myself included) but the drivers we are barely speak english, never know where they are going, drive buses that are not road worthy; and seem to think it is a requirement to NOT bathe.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I have a college degrees, education certificates out the wazoo, a masters plus 45 credits and almost quit three times trying to navigate all the BS to get the basic CDL. It’s absurd and even more absurd to think that the guys driving buses around us were able to jump all those hoops- no offense to any drivers out there(myself included) but the drivers we have barely speak english, never know where they are going, drive buses that are not road worthy; and seem to think it is a requirement to NOT bathe.

So I take it they are Fresh Right Over The Border Wall . In another month of Border Jumpers there will be more drivers than we have buses and trucks ! 

11 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Someone told me that on Long Island almost the entire service industry work force is here on visas, and they arent getting them this year. I was at The Distilllery in Fairport this past Saturday and the place was practically empty but we didnt get seated for over an hour. The manager said she has next to no employees, and if we knew anyone that could breath and wanted a job she'd hire them sight unseen

That has become our HR plan....any warm body.....  worst thing you can do, but that’s all we got.  Montana stopped the federal unemployment bonus and is giving out hiring bonuses. (Not sure of all the details). Heard today South Carolina followed suit.   Too bad, it will never happen in NY, but we need out badly. 

How did they stop a federal bonus....is that even legal?

On a side note I was talking with a buddy who just got back from a two week vacation to his family condo in St. PETE. He said it was unreal at reataurants.....no waiters or waitresses....and some places would tell you when you walked in there was no way they could serve or seat them and they would walk them across the street to another restaurant who had an open table and people working.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Belo said:

I think you're partially right. When the virus first hit, we absolutely needed some relief.

When the lockdowns first hit, we absolutely needed some relief.

Had the govt chosen to only protect the vulnerable, and spend whatever was needed to protect only the vulnerable, the rest of us could've gone on living our lives normally.  Plus, the cost to taxpayers of dealing with the virus would have been far less.  Why did the govt not choose that route?  Because it was all about getting Trump out of office, stopping the greatest economic upturn in history, and expanding the power of the federal govt.  The left has been known to preach, "Never let a crises go to waste."  They milked this crises for all it was worth and are still trying to squeeze every drop of milk they can get out of it at taxpayer expense. 

The worst part about this whole crises is, there is plenty of evidence to prove this was not an accidental crises.  It was an intentional one.  But the power of the govt, and all of the corrupted officials in it, along with their sycophantic main stream media lapdogs, will continue to cover it all up and lie forever, to prevent the truth from ever being told.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 3

How did they stop a federal bonus....is that even legal?

On a side note I was talking with a buddy who just got back from a two week vacation to his family condo in St. PETE. He said it was unreal at reataurants.....no waiters or waitresses....and some places would tell you when you walked in there was no way they could serve or seat them and they would walk them across the street to another restaurant who had an open table and people working.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I don't know how it's legal but i like the idea!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/06/politics/montana-pandemic-unemployment-benefits/index.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Otto said:

That has become our HR plan....any warm body.....  worst thing you can do, but that’s all we got.  Montana stopped the federal unemployment bonus and is giving out hiring bonuses. (Not sure of all the details). Heard today South Carolina followed suit.   Too bad, it will never happen in NY, but we need out badly. 

I find it odd that the unemployment rate is listed as 6.1 % .  It feels so much higher. We have pages of open positions we can't fill. 

I find it odd that the unemployment rate is listed as 6.1 % .  It feels so much higher. We have pages of open positions we can't fill. 
Those numbers can't be right! FAKE NEWS LOL!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 9:31 AM, crappyice said:

I just got my CDL so I can drive my golf team to away matches using the districts van. We are a tiny district and don’t have our own buses (except for this one that site there since we have only one driver who is only available after 4:00- great logic!).
I have a college degrees, education certificates out the wazoo, a masters plus 45 credits and almost quit three times trying to navigate all the BS to get the basic CDL. It’s absurd and even more absurd to think that the guys driving buses around us were able to jump all those hoops- no offense to any drivers out there(myself included) but the drivers we are barely speak english, never know where they are going, drive buses that are not road worthy; and seem to think it is a requirement to NOT bathe.

It’s a good thing cdl is waved for us to drive fire trucks ! It could never be done , our city only has 500 FF but the logistics would be overwhelming.

As an LT part of my responsibility was teaching the recruits when they got out of the academy and assigned to a company . They drove very little in the academy ,now here’s a50,000 pound 45 foot long straight truck and city streets , and to add more fun you get lights and sirens !

I found it best to close my eyes at times .

• Like 1

• U.S. taxpayer money supported the controversial vaccine research with Chinese scientists through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Some support came from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), led by Dr. Anthony Fauci. 

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/05/video-exclusive-investigation-separating-rumor-from-fact-on-covid-19s-origin/?fbclid=IwAR09N46YBkePpVg5DMTxfXFjpRm1sPMFPOHYpW4WI2LdJRp79zcG3gskLGY