Hit the range this morning with the 10mm & 44mag

I needed to sight in my 10 mm a bit better and  just get some more trigger time with it . I’m shooting it ok in our pistol league  but being  a revolver guy  it’s new territory for me. I did get it dialed in so we’ll see at the Wed. night league as long as I do my part.  I’m still sighting in the new Leupold on the SRH and as usual fashion I had the 44 dialed in at 50 yards in no time. That revolver just flat out shoots, I ran some of my new 270 grain deep curls down the barrel and it liked them.  

94263559-B276-4202-8A85-04EC5DB4E358.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 9

• rob-c changed the title to Hit the range this morning with the 10mm & 44mag
8 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Put a scope on my Super Red Hawk...Hope to sight it in this weekend...

How about a picture ? I’ve taken deer with mine out to 80 yards with a red dot. I’ll be heading back to get it sighted in at 100. 

1 hour ago, ny hunter said:

What grip did you put on....Looks great....

They are Hogue Pau ferro grips , I have large hand’s and these have a palm swell that fill my hand more than the factory rubbers did. I’m going through the same with my 10mm now . I added Hogue palm swell side plates to it yesterday afternoon it and it feels better,  but we’ll see tomorrow night when I shoot the league. Im thinking  I’m going to have to install some shims under them to fatten them up even more . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ny hunter said:

Hey Rob tell me about the 10..... I have been thinking about one when BS is over....

Well I’ve always wanted a 1911 and decided I wanted one in 10 mm. I wasn’t about to spend $2000 on one that I’m going to abuse in the woods etc. So being a Ruger guy I was looking hard at a SR1911 , but they were having some problems with the toggle lugs cracking with full power 10 loads . 

So I found Rock island armory, tons of great reviews on line and just a good all around pistol for the price. I’m shooting loads now at 40 cal ballistics to break it in ( RIA recommends 500 rounds to break it in ) then I’ll be loading to 10 mm levels. The only thing I dislike about the gun is it chucks the cases into the next county,I reload with star line brass and i hate not finding all my cases( I see a DIY brass catcher in my near future ) .

I’ve only had a few failure to feed and even then it’s just a manual push of the slide and the round chambers , zero stove pipes,I like the front fiber & white dot rear sights , the weight is enough to help with recoil but not overly heavy. I’ve probably got about 200 rounds down the barrel and I like it, but take it with a grain of salt as this is my first semi and I really have nothing to compare it too.I would someday like to do a pig hunt with it that would be fun . 

Edited by rob-c