What is your favorite place to travel to?

Bionic

Don’t get me wrong , if you want to go do,it ! But find some tour that’ll take you to cool things . I’m no expert on the place , I’ts the remoteness was the cool factor ,that and trying to find a spot along the river to set up camp ,that didn’t have bear tracks the size of a Frisbee ...

• Like 2

We like central to northern, Maine.  It seems most people think of the southernmost area of Maine, as....Maine, when that is really just a typical tourist trap.  Once you go up a few more hours it starts getting less developed, and more forested.  We like the areas with hardly any people, and just dirt roads.  Check out the Allagash Wilderness Waterway. 

Sounds like you would love British Columbia and/or Alberta.

6103a696662d5a0e6fe90b70d20daf23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sounds like you would love British Columbia and/or Alberta.

6103a696662d5a0e6fe90b70d20daf23.jpg

YES, BC, and Alberta are on the dream list too along with Yukon...black wolf hunt too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Don’t get me wrong , if you want to go do,it ! But find some tour that’ll take you to cool things . I’m no expert on the place , I’ts the remoteness was the cool factor ,that and trying to find a spot along the river to set up camp ,that didn’t have bear tracks the size of a Frisbee ...

The remoteness is what draws me in, fascinated in ways I cannot describe.  The elusive animals you see on dirt roads is my idea of paradise.

Key west is my party place to vacation at. Fishing is awesome and the drinks flow all night. When I’m in need of solitude a nice hike in Rocky Mountain national park sets me right. Place I want to go is Costa Rica ! I’m just afraid if I went I wouldn’t come back!

Key west is my party place to vacation at. Fishing is awesome and the drinks flow all night. When I’m in need of solitude a nice hike in Rocky Mountain national park sets me right. Place I want to go is Costa Rica ! I’m just afraid if I went I wouldn’t come back!

Costa Rica is awesome

c2f8700289e1ab241bfd07c21c5288ec.jpg

22 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

You know what else I’m m fascinated with and is on my bucket list.  A traditional German/Austrian hunt.  I want to wear the attire and line up the harvest after.  A huge social event. 

@Dinsdalehave you ever been part of this?

E58E0D8C-3405-4544-8A88-B9CA159F0618.jpeg

Yes, but in Portugal for boar.

Similar event. Huge hunting club, lots of food and social get together. 

Driven hunt on an appointed stand with beaters and their dogs, and pigs running all over, It was really cool.

Highly recommended just for the whole event. Pre dawn breakfast, drawing for stand assignments, morning hunt, lunch, afternoon hunt, dinner, outside to see the days bag. Good stuff.

I know a couple good booking agents if ever get the urge to plan a trip. Good place to start if unfamiliar with booking trips and dealing with planning.

You tube " aim point wild boar fever" if you want to see top shooting. Mostly German and Austrian hunts. Guys and gals are world class. But you can be a duffer who shoots like me and have a fun time and connect.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Bionic said:

The remoteness is what draws me in, fascinated in ways I cannot describe.  The elusive animals you see on dirt roads is my idea of paradise.

You might like Labrador.

If the point of taking a road trip is to get away from it all, you can’t do much better than the Trans-Labrador Highway. Running 706 gravel-packed miles across the Canadian region of Labrador — a vast, undeveloped, Christmas-tree-shaped area a few degrees south of the Arctic Circle — it’s a highway so empty you can drive for hours without seeing another soul. Some say it’s the longest unpaved road in the world. It’s definitely one of the loneliest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Spain blew me away. I will go back. I also love Nashville. And closer to home, the Daks

I think we would get along. Been all over the world and the southern tip of Spain (Rota) was amazing. Food, beaches, attractions, yup that place was cool.

Nashville is stateside my favorite spot. Wife and I went the Spring before covid and loved it. I kinda got talked into going,  I dont enjoy the city scene anymore and like my routine at home. That said music was awesome bars were so laid back. Had some great bbq and walked around town all day. Was also NFL draft weekend that year when I was there.

• Like 1

I’ve been to a lot of places mentioned already and would go back everywhere I have been so far, no duds.  I’ve been to Alaska twice and would certainly return, we barely scratched the surface of that state.   But the next trip for sure will include fishing, hunting or both.  The other trips were couples and I was the only one that would have wanted to fish or hunt.  

I am looking at going to Ireland and Scotland for my next overseas trip, maybe in a year or two.  I really want to go back to Italy soon to see family, especially since some of them are up there in age.   A friend of mine just came back from Iceland and it looks like she had an amazing trip, so that is on my list now too.

Bionic - I love Maine too and I’m sure I’ll be going back there someday too.  I’d like to go to Acadia National Park, and then head North.  I put in for a moose tag, so who knows, it may be in a few months! 

• Like 1

I don’t have any pictures on my phone but our trip out west always comes back into my mind and that was 5 years ago. I’d love to do that again. We started in Salt Lake City and worked our way north then east through Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Cody and Sheridan Wyoming the Blackhills of South Dakota and ended at Mount Rushmore before flying back home.

For a local destination it’s hard to beat the Adirondacks. So many places to explore there and I’ve hardly scratched the surface.

My wife and I will be going to Nashville this fall. I look forward to it but fear it will be a let down.

I went to NYC once, the last year the Yankees played out of their old stadium and strangely enough I really enjoyed the trip. I’ll often wonder if in another life I would enjoy living in the craziness of the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much just a camper or rent a cabin if friends really don't like camping. I just enjoy getting away from the grind, sitting around a fire, hiking, fishing, walking at night just to see all the stars away from lights.

I traveled enough running hounds in competition to make some good, lifelong friends. We have shared quite a few vacations just driving to each others states to share some sights and just camp at lakes or state parks and share old stories of the hounds, competition, and money or trophies won and lost. 

in NY it is here- Chimney Mtn cabins in the Indian lake area. Dead end road with a half dozen cabins, best bass fishing lake ive ever seen, eagles, hiking, just a beautiful spot. But i rarely travel anywhere, if i make it out of the local counties its rare.  Have zero interest in anything overseas.  If I were to travel it would be within the US and nowhere near a city.  Ive always wanted to just pic a random town and go there for a week.  Just go to the local diner in the morns, BS with folks, find some fishing spots and explore, hit some restaurants just by blind picking a spot on the map.   

Chimney 2017.jpg

Chimney 2016.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

in NY it is here- Chimney Mtn cabins in the Indian lake area. Dead end road with a half dozen cabins, best bass fishing lake ive ever seen, eagles, hiking, just a beautiful spot. But i rarely travel anywhere, if i make it out of the local counties its rare.  Have zero interest in anything overseas.  If I were to travel it would be within the US and nowhere near a city.  Ive always wanted to just pic a random town and go there for a week.  Just go to the local diner in the morns, BS with folks, find some fishing spots and explore, hit some restaurants just by blind picking a spot on the map.   

Chimney 2017.jpg

Chimney 2016.jpg

Been there...didnt stay at the cabins, but have hiked Chimney a few times. We would love to stay at the cabins. Beautiful quiet area.

• Like 1

Admittedly, if I didn't hunt, I'd travel much more. I'm trying to combine the two more now, with out of state hunting to see areas I would not otherwise go besides the quality hunting.

I traveled for much of my youth since my father was in the Navy and we moved a fair amount until he retired after I was a young adult. Lived in Scotland for several years and it remains a favorite place of mine - specifically the Scottish Highlands. There is nothing like taking the ferry from Greenock across to Dunoon and seeing the green hills and mountains; it's a kind of green you just do not see in America. Surreal. The people are also very nice, although some of the cities like Glasgow can be pretty rough as it can be a hard life (not unlike some of our US cities). But in large, the people will give you the shirt off their back not knowing you. Next year will be 10 years since I last visited and the desire to go is pretty big again. When I was a kid, I lived in a building that was older than anything built in the US, and the other end of it was a small town pub. Our place had a secret door that led to it behind a bookcase (all stone built). 

Other that Scotland, the Caribbean remains my favorite. I really enjoy St. John in the USVI. Unfortunately, the past two-three years have appeared to bring with it alot more visitors and changes to the experience. Going to Maho and snorkeling for the day with sea turtles swimming about or hitting up Trunk Bay for the day, and ending at one of the bars to watch the sunset is pretty damn enjoyable.

Vegas is also a fun place, and it's changed for us over the years. What was a party trip is now much more leisurely and relaxing. 

Edited by phade

For an easy backwoods getaway, we love the Bog River Flow area and Lake Lila. We are hoping to get there this year. Our most frequent getaway is The Thousand Island region, but it is a very busy area mid spring through september.

My choice for getaway from it all....the Canadian Maritimes....New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland....I have been very lucky to be up there quite a number of times for bear and moose hunting. Beautiful country, great people, very layed back and stress free. I think Newfoundland is the best of the best...sparsely populated and the most amazing scenery....huge stinking bears, moose, caribou...sigh. I hope to take the wife up there for a two week seat of the pants road trip over the next year or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Chimney 2017.jpg

Chimney 2016.jpg

We spent a week on paradox lake a few years back and it was an incredible vacation ,the views were endless . Many good memories.