New pickup thoughts?

First-light

I'm a Chevy guy am thinking about a 2021 Trail Boss 6.2 8 4 door short bed.

Brother in Law says Ford F 150 6 cylinder super cab with a bit longer bed.

Friend says RAM has a super smooth ride. 

My very good friend owns a Chevy dealership will give me a break but nothing out of this world. 

Owned a Tahoe since new back in 2006. Love the truck (did change motor at 200k) .

Give me your thoughts. 

I saw the trail boss advertised and looked them up and reviews weren't very good but dunno much about them. 

I do know that we are trying to price out vehicles at work and many of them are 6-8 months out for a vehicle order and that a ton of car dealerships have empty lots.  Ford's for sure.  Our local dealership has 44 vehicles on the lot including used and they usually have 300.  Another dealer I am working with had 13 on their lot and usually have 125. Finding one you want that is available might be a task.  

• Like 1

I have owned numerus chevy trucks..  owned a dodge and the ride was amazing, but not great for hauling.

my current 2017 F250 with 6.7 diesel is the best truck I have ever owned.   My wife and I both drive it regularly and we both haul with it and we both feel the same way..

If I was going to buy a 150/f150 class truck, it would be the ford (..especially if you want something you can really haul with)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

If anything else goes wrong with this Silverado it's going to be my last Chevy.  I'd give a Tundra a turn next probably.  

I don't know of anyone who is sorry they bought a Tundra.

I drove my first for 11 years, 3 years so far on my second. No problems except for batteries, tires, and brakes on either one. The dealer I bought this one from is trying to get me to trade it in and offered me 81% of what I paid for it 3 years ago. I'd take him up on it but he can't find me what I want in a new one.

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I don't know of anyone who is sorry they bought a Tundra.

I drove my first for 11 years, 3 years so far on my second. No problems except for batteries, tires, and brakes on either one. The dealer I bought this one from is trying to get me to trade it in and offered me 81% of what I paid for it 3 years ago. I'd take him up on it but he can't find me what I want in a new one.

Last one the electrical system started cutting out, my local garage said they couldn't tell what it was.  Felt like a money pit so I traded her in, 2 months after I finished payments on it.

This one the tranny blew last year during the rut, but it was covered under warranty.  Now the check engine light is on.  Reminds me I need to make an appointment at my local garage and hope they can fix it without taking it to the dealer again.

Love my 19 Silverado but i wish i got the 6.2. What an awesome engine. I can't say mine doesn't have enough power with the 5.3 but my buddy has the 6.2 in his 20 Silverado and it's a whole new animal. And it gets better mileage. My next one will be a 6.2 unless a deal falls in my lap i can't say no too....

• Like 1

Like Steuben Jerry said , the resale value is great. I just traded in my 2007 Tundra with over 100,000 miles on it for $13,000. I only paid $36,000 for it new. I just picked up my new 2021 Tundra a couple of weeks ago. Took a while to get it due to a shortage in computer chips. I ordered it last October. The only complaint is that it passes everything but a gas station. I've had Chevy's , GMC's and Dodge trucks and still like Toyota's the best......but to each their own though.IMG_0928.thumb.jpg.04995874ada16144b618b544c674ca60.jpg

• Like 4

On my 3rd Chevy in a row. All been great. Would never buy a Dodge again after my last one. And my brother has a top line one now and is not happy with it. Ford seem ok but every time I have shopped Ford I could get into a Chevy for 7-8-9 grand less for same comparable truck. Have had Nissan personal and business and Toyota for business I really liked the Nissan. Basically any of them minus the crap Dodge are all good trucks, you can get a lemon from any of them occasionally. 

I do my best to stick American these days even though America is a phukin mess. 

Right now I have a F-350 diesel and use it to haul a dump trailer; backhoe and snow plow with a very heavy V plow. It simply can't be beat for torque and hauling. 

That being said I previously owned two Toyota Tundra's and enjoyed both greatly; the only downside was gas millage. Both trucks had almost 100,000 miles when traded and only replaced tires and brakes beyond routine scheduled maintenance.  

Availability right now seems tight and local lots near me are empty for all makes. The wife just bought a Nissan Murino on a crazy deal for a "left over 21". They went well above the listed trade-in and wanted her 3 year old Rogue for a trade and used sale on their lot.

46 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I do my best to stick American these days even though America is a phukin mess. 

Is Tundra Made in USA?
1. That's right…the Toyota Tundra is the most American-made pickup of the bunch! With a whopping 73.5% of its parts made in the USA, including its engine and transmission, the Tundra tops our list.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I say get what you want but do not get talked into anything with a turbo. The ol ford 5.0 or a GM 5.3 are both dead nuts reliable. My dad has the 6.2 and loves it. Basically gets the same mileage as my 07 with a 5.3. 

Why spread bad Info about the turbo engines ? They're the best thing going right now .

• Like 2