New pickup thoughts?

First-light

48 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I feel some like myself can't justify paying big money for much more than what we really need.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
20201231_111406.jpg

Nice truck but horrible attitude DB.  Always opt for more than you need.  lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

BIL told my wife I should come over and let him book out my 2013 ford f150. They are desperate for used trucks and I could make out very good on a new truck plus 30% higher trad in value  

I can't believe what there giving for trades. I pd $42,500 two yrs ago, and there giving me $41,000 with 30,000 miles and climbing. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mowin said:

I can't believe what there giving for trades. I pd $42,500 two yrs ago, and there giving me $41,000 with 30,000 miles and climbing. 

I'm in a similar situation. Places are offering me 78-80% or original sticker for a 2019 F-150 with ~35k miles. I don't really want to deal with the current car market, but with a third kid due in December I don't have a choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I'm in a similar situation. Places are offering me 78-80% or original sticker for a 2019 F-150 with ~35k miles. I don't really want to deal with the current car market, but with a third kid due in December I don't have a choice. 

why is this? I have a 2019 Ranger with 11K miles. Is it worth something more?

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lack of inventory.  Very few new trucks on the lot, and most likely you have to order what you want.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

our local huge dealership that always has 250+ new vehicles on the lot has 20.  We have an pickup on orderat work and we will be lucky to see it in January.  Also looking to order some minivans and dealerships cant even get me a quote as manufacturing is so up in the air.  

Its like the housing market - prices to sell are way up.  But if you sell good luck finding another place that doesnt break the bank.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mowin said:

Is yours going to be a 21 or 22?

Go with linex.  I've got bullet liner in my Ford. It sucks.  $600 sounds about right. 

I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying the order for my 3500 was excepted. But like yours, no saftey package. He didn't say anything about the bed liner though.  He gave me the same timeline as yours. 

8 hours ago, phade said:

If I'm going aftermarket, Linex is probably the best option. I'd honestly not have them do it, and then contract it out yourself. You'll be getting middle man markup. I had a really bad experience with my 4Runner and outsourced undercoating - so much so, that they ended up REPLACING the vehicle. 

Just be wise as contracted deals like this can be sloppy.

I'll check it out.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

GM is disabling the auto stop/start feature to save one chip for every build . Unless something has changed which I dont believe it has.

There's also a lawsuit pending on the auto stop/start. Saying it was causing premature wear, and that's the reason they won't add it at this point. 

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

There's also a lawsuit pending on the auto stop/start. Saying it was causing premature wear, and that's the reason they won't add it at this point. 

Well ,they're saving one whole chip per build . I turn mine off immediately after starting the vehicle.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

GM is disabling the auto stop/start feature to save one chip for every build . Unless something has changed which I dont believe it has.

I am willing to donate my auto/start chip on my 2019 Silverado.  I turn it off every time I remember when I start the truck, what a PIA.  I find it hard to believe it actually saves any gas, at least for the way I drive.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Well ,they're saving one whole chip per build . I turn mine off immediately after starting the vehicle.

My wife's jeep has the same thing.  We turn it off asap.  Both my Ram 3500 6.4 gassers had it too. 

• Like 1

Nice truck but horrible attitude DB.  Always opt for more than you need.  lol
My cousin has a durango SRT 392 suv. He's told me mpg is over rated and that it's about the "smile per mile". Funny how when we "ride together" guess who's usually driving with wear/tear and mpg a real thing? Haha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

On 5/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, Steuben Jerry said:
Is Tundra Made in USA?
1. That's right…the Toyota Tundra is the most American-made pickup of the bunch! With a whopping 73.5% of its parts made in the USA, including its engine and transmission, the Tundra tops our list.

Issue is most of the money goes back to Japan !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luberhill said:

Issue is most of the money goes back to Japan !

Most of the money is cost, not margin. A majority of the cost goes to salaries of the assembly plant workers, and indirectly to the salaries and benefits of the workers in the USA that make the parts. In the ultra competitive world of vehicle manufacturing, I'd be surprised if the margin is as high as 20%. If a car company from Japan said hey, let me build a plant in the USA and I'll keep 80% of the money there while I skim 20% for my country, I'd say that's a better deal than building a plant in Japan.

I would actually like to buy a Ford. I just like them a lot. When Ford gains a track record of a quarter million miles with no mechanical issues, I'll trade in my Tundra in a heartbeat.

25 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Most of the money is cost, not margin. A majority of the cost goes to salaries of the assembly plant workers, and indirectly to the salaries and benefits of the workers in the USA that make the parts. In the ultra competitive world of vehicle manufacturing, I'd be surprised if the margin is as high as 20%. If a car company from Japan said hey, let me build a plant in the USA and I'll keep 80% of the money there while I skim 20% for my country, I'd say that's a better deal than building a plant in Japan.

I would actually like to buy a Ford. I just like them a lot. When Ford gains a track record of a quarter million miles with no mechanical issues, I'll trade in my Tundra in a heartbeat.

8 percent of the auto industries expenses is worker salary

First DONT BUY A TRUCK RIGHT NOW.I will explain i had a 2012 patriot with 98000 mi on it so in march i went on toyota cause i like the tacoma w/ the 5' bed [i live in the city and its easier to park] .I did the build a truck on their site and got a call from hillside toyota said com'on in so i did went though all the b/s but got basically what i wanted color size the hard tourneau trifold bedcover. I gave a $2000 deposit and was told i'll get the truck in june [i was fine with that cause the tranny over heat light would go on in hot weather on my patriot and wasnt putting a new tranny in it AND I KNEW WITH THE COVID GOING ON IT] and waited and waited so I CALLED THEM and was told oh you wont get your truck till maybe  august and and sure as anything went fishing out in orient pt the patriot starts up never made it .i called AGAIN and explained i NEED a vehicle asap the guy i was dealing with says wow ill dfo this i'll change that im like ok i need a vehicle and cant be chosey .A WEEK LATER didnt hear from the clown I called again he says wow nothing i can do but i had 2 cancellations[like thats all he was concerned about] this week and i told him well you are going to have 3 by tuesday .That following Tuesday i called and canceled and Wednesday i call westbury toyota cause they were the only one that had a vehicle in stock and had an appointment for thursday . I took my mom with me to the westbury dealer the truck right there was almost exactly what i wanted , clown #2 says oh you have to understand you have to pay a premium price cause i was paying cash for the vehicle so its $7000 over the sticker price BUT  if i finance with them its only $5000 so i said ok mom lets go and told the clown you know what you can do with that truck. Well on to dealer #3 sunrise toyota   and talk to a black girl Kiesha really sweet kid she shows me a truck black w/ a 6' bed im desperate i'll take it BUT  i have to finance i dont care @ this point its  ok i could cancel after a month . My mom and I are there from 12 noon till 5 pm all the b/s im exhusted my mom too [shes 83 yrs old] KIESHA !!! YOUR WANTED UP FRONT 1HR LATER KIESHA!! YOUR WANTED UP FRONT AGAIN 45 MINS LATER [it was her birthday my mom says oh shes eating her b'day cake she was lol too funny if this wasnt so sad] in dealer #1 he had a 2018 tacoma i was even going to take that. Its crazy i was paying cash all i wanted was a vehicle and got treated like dirt