New pickup thoughts?

First-light

Always been a Ford guy, driving a Toyota now and like it.
Drove a Chevy for 20 mos at work and I'd never even look at one if it was free. Occasionally drove a dodge but that was always broken down with one issue or another, hence the Chevy where I rotated between 2 to be able to get to jobs as one or the other would be out of service all the time. And we had an in house mechanic for service intervals, so it wasn't neglect.
Not impressed at all with either of those makes.
Ymmv (if the truck will run. Lol)
Multiple f150s, gmc Sierras, an early 2000s ram 1500, and even a Honda Ridgeline (if considered a truck). 1st silverado now but they're more or less a gmc. No legitimate issues with any of them. Some were even salvage title vehicles. YMMV is definitely a real thing.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Heres a couple of my personal favs that I've owned 

Currently own a 2021 sierra and a 02 ram with a cummins. We towed the same trailer (24 foot enclosed with 4 sleds) to tug and back with 4 different half tons this past winter. Toyota, ram, my Sierra, and an f150. Honestly the ram towed it the best, followed by the f150. Just my opinion. 

20201104_172306.jpg

20200816_160438.jpg

20190729_171258.jpg

Edited by BigVal

13 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Heres a couple of my personal favs that I've owned 

Currently own a 2021 sierra and a 02 ram with a cummins. We towed the same trailer (24 foot enclosed with 4 sleds) to tug and back with 4 different half tons this past winter. Toyota, ram, my Sierra, and an f150. Honestly the ram towed it the best, followed by the f150. Just my opinion. 

20201104_172306.jpg

20200816_160438.jpg

20190729_171258.jpg

More about gear ratio … love the King Ranch .

Chevys answer is the High Country , but it falls much short in every category ..

Love the massaging seats and keyless entry !!

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Coming from the guy who don’t even know what his real job is lol 

Humm yea ok Skippy ! Coming from a guy that loves wannabe trucks that have rotted out frames and lots of plastic :)

Im well aware what my job/jobs are and have been …

And the word you are looking for in that sentence is “ doesn’t “ not  “don’t”.

You see “ don’t” is short for do not  !

Have a great day !

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

More about gear ratio … love the King Ranch .

Chevys answer is the High Country , but it falls much short in every category ..

Love the massaging seats and keyless entry !!

Yea ratio is major in towing but overall towed alot better. And I've never been in a high country but that 06 king ranch was a cool truck.done up 6.0s are one of my favorites. 

3 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Yea ratio is major in towing but overall towed alot better. And I've never been in a high country but that 06 king ranch was a cool truck.done up 6.0s are one of my favorites. 

I’ve got an 18 KR and neighbor has the Hi Country..

The Ford is soooo much nicer . That Chevy looks as cheap inside as those little Japanese wannabes :)

The Rams I owned all had factory tow packages …not one of them towed like my Fords !

And they sucked gas , pinged like crazy under a load ,just plain crap in my book.

Ill never buy another .. the last one Chrysler bought back because they couldn’t fix it after 5 try’s !

Edited by luberhill

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Humm yea ok Skippy ! Coming from a guy that loves wannabe trucks that have rotted out frames and lots of plastic :)

Im well aware what my job/jobs are and have been …

And the word you are looking for in that sentence is “ doesn’t “ not  “don’t”.

You see “ don’t” is short for do not  !

Have a great day !

Ya got me there ..English teacher must be on the resume also

Love hearing guys cry about the interior gadgets of a truck ,not the more important things like the longevity of the engine ,transmission,ect.They are trucks for work ,not show.

And my interior gadgets, such as two real electrical outlets are very important. my truck is a Mobil office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

And my interior gadgets, such as two real electrical outlets are very important. my truck is a Mobil office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy in Texas ran his house off his Ford with the built in generator during the power outage !

• Like 1