New pickup thoughts?

First-light

2 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Back to trucks..lol

My current situation, 2014 silverado, High pressure fuel pump leaking fuel into the crank case... common higher mileage problem with GM GDI engines... this is the 5.3 with 154k on it, but they all are prone to this 

engine.jpg

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

Or want a real truck :)

Tacoma with 1.2 Million Miles! The World’s Most Famous Tacoma - YouTube

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

What if you want the gas mileage of a vehicle from this millennium ? 

4  cylinder version  if you want good gas mileage 

Most Fords  and GM products   blow up at around  150   but they look  better and looks sell .

Edited by phantom

1 minute ago, phantom said:

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That's cool ,the worst most famous truck is also the world's ugliest truck LOL

yep they are made to last not to look good  . One thing about Toyota  the styling sucks .

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

Love hearing guys cry about the interior gadgets of a truck ,not the more important things like the longevity of the engine ,transmission,ect.They are trucks for work ,not show.

looks sell more then anything else  . Toyota is the only one that actually designs them to last  .

the others design them for looks to get sales  and it works for them . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

Most Fords  and GM products   blow up at around  150   but they look  better and looks sell .

Ha sure they do …never had either blow up.. and every one has had well over 200k miles on them..

Funny story anyway

35 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Love hearing guys cry about the interior gadgets of a truck ,not the more important things like the longevity of the engine ,transmission,ect.They are trucks for work ,not show.

Lmao work ??? They are not even trucks … Toys 

Just now, ncountry said:

I've driven a few Chevy and Ford's to well over 250000 miles with nothing but maintenance. Never have I been tempted by a Dodge or a foreign truck.

My 93 chevy had 293k on the original drive train when I sold it . That was just a crudely fuel injected 350 which have always been bulletproof. Another engine that often get over looked from that era was the straight 6 300 ford used to use. 

Just now, Jeremy K said:

My 93 chevy had 293k on the original drive train when I sold it . That was just a crudely fuel injected 350 which have always been bulletproof. Another engine that often get over looked from that era was the straight 6 300 ford used to use. 

I was never a fan of the 350 in a truck. The 300 in the ford was indestructible.. I had a 1981 f100 with the 300 and a 68 f350. I sold the 81 with a couple 100 thousand on it and I would see it around for years.

The f100 went every weekend for a year with my foot literally to the floor down 87 from Lake George to Albany .. speedo only registered 85 but it took a second for the needle to drop..lol