New pickup thoughts?

First-light

11 minutes ago, First-light said:

Drove a Silverado with the 4c turbo. Not for me no way. It had pep but not for a pickup. I said I wouldn't order but I did just to see if they could build the truck. Went with the Silverado 1500 LT. 20 inch tires Dark grey exterior black interior. Safety package. Went with the double cab and 6.5 foot bed. 5.3 V8 engine. 

Nice choice! Throw up some pictures when you take delivery. Whats the lead time?

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, Water Rat said:

Like Steuben Jerry said , the resale value is great. I just traded in my 2007 Tundra with over 100,000 miles on it for $13,000. I only paid $36,000 for it new. I just picked up my new 2021 Tundra a couple of weeks ago. Took a while to get it due to a shortage in computer chips. I ordered it last October. The only complaint is that it passes everything but a gas station. I've had Chevy's , GMC's and Dodge trucks and still like Toyota's the best......but to each their own though.IMG_0928.thumb.jpg.04995874ada16144b618b544c674ca60.jpg

i just bought [well in  early march ] 2021 tacoma tro same color when i went on build a vehicle on the toyota site that was one of the colors when i went to the dealer i told the guy i wanted camo well he laughed which was understandable . I was a little annoyed cause was offering this package and that package all the bells and whistles but nothing i really need i hated the tourrnou cover over the bed  [soft cover no way in nyc] i paid extra for the hard cover and every time i said i want this i want that he kept saying oh thats after market . Now i called him just last week AGAIN  to find out when am i getting my truck and like everything else  they are blaming covid and china [microchips]. Well I MIGHT see it in the  end of july or august

Just received a call from the dealer asking me if I could reschedule because they messed up and double booked for Monday at 9:30...Holy shit....they admitted they messed up!!!.   Going in tomorrow at 9AM to order my truck. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mowin said:

Congrats.  I'm ordering mine Monday.  

What time frame did thay say? My dealer is telling me 8-10 weeks. I'm thinking 12-14, lol.

Congrats on your truck. About the same on order. I have August 1st as delivery date. I'm in no rush. 

• Like 1

The only thing my friend told me is they are throwing everything at the most popular models. Truck wise is the full club cab with short box. If not available for my truck I may have to wait or order a 2022 which will open up real soon. I should know in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First-light said:

The only thing my friend told me is they are throwing everything at the most popular models. Truck wise is the full club cab with short box. If not available for my truck I may have to wait or order a 2022 which will open up real soon. I should know in a couple of days. 

I thought about waiting for a 2022, but I'm sure the price will jump a few grand. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:32 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

No problems except for batteries, tires, and brakes on either one.

Looks like I jinxed myself. Yesterday, on the way home from work my climate control system messed up. Passenger side blows warm air on any setting. Looked it up and see it's a problem with the supplier of the motor that operates the mix door. Have to remove the dash to replace it. 

Still under warranty - whew!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Looks like I jinxed myself. Yesterday, on the way home from work my climate control system messed up. Passenger side blows warm air on any setting. Looked it up and see it's a problem with the supplier of the motor that operates the mix door. Have to remove the dash to replace it. 

Still under warranty - whew!

Make sure you do a little internet dive before you go through with removing the dash, the blend door actuator went on one of my vehicles and required dash removal but an internet search showed a guy doing it by just bending himself into a pretzel on the passenger side floor board and getting it done . It was all blind but it was possible.

14 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Make sure you do a little internet dive before you go through with removing the dash, the blend door actuator went on one of my vehicles and required dash removal but an internet search showed a guy doing it by just bending himself into a pretzel on the passenger side floor board and getting it done . It was all blind but it was possible.

Thanks! I've got 4000 miles of warranty left. If that is truly the cause of the problem it should get covered.

17 hours ago, mowin said:

Just received a call from the dealer asking me if I could reschedule because they messed up and double booked for Monday at 9:30...Holy shit....they admitted they messed up!!!.   Going in tomorrow at 9AM to order my truck. 

Sounds like a sales tactic, lol.

21 minutes ago, mowin said:

Don't think so. I already had the build and trade numbers, and told them I'd be in to order. 

Never count your chicks until the eggs hatch. You hatched a few days earlier now.

All good, enjoy the truck. New vehicles are fun!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update on my truck. Being built July 26th. I should have it mid to late August. 3 1/2 months from order. It's ok no rush. They couldn't put in the safety package for lack of parts and can't spray the bed with the protection coat. I also added side steps and a tri-fold hard cover bed top. They are going to send out the truck to have the bed sprayed. Anyone know the cost of this? If done at factory they charge $600. Thanks,

FL

9 minutes ago, First-light said:

Update on my truck. Being built July 26th. I should have it mid to late August. 3 1/2 months from order. It's ok no rush. They couldn't put in the safety package for lack of parts and can't spray the bed with the protection coat. I also added side steps and a tri-fold hard cover bed top. They are going to send out the truck to have the bed sprayed. Anyone know the cost of this? If done at factory they charge $600. Thanks,

FL

If I'm going aftermarket, Linex is probably the best option. I'd honestly not have them do it, and then contract it out yourself. You'll be getting middle man markup. I had a really bad experience with my 4Runner and outsourced undercoating - so much so, that they ended up REPLACING the vehicle. 

Just be wise as contracted deals like this can be sloppy.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, First-light said:

FL

Is yours going to be a 21 or 22?

Go with linex.  I've got bullet liner in my Ford. It sucks.  $600 sounds about right. 

I got a call from the dealer yesterday saying the order for my 3500 was excepted. But like yours, no saftey package. He didn't say anything about the bed liner though.  He gave me the same timeline as yours. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

FL
My birthday. As such it's going to be an incredible truck I guarantee it!

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

I'm cheap but new trucks are nice. 6 months ago I got a 2020 silverado 1500 custom (basic) crew cab with standard length box. Being the custom im not sure different add ons it has but there's an interior package, exterior appearance package, and trailering at least. It's the V6. Same performance numbers as the smaller V8 in my 2013 GMC work truck it replaced and that's enough. I don't tow much that's anything significant with regularity. Friend with big motor truck and I in mine towed 2 place trailers with a couple sleds last winter up over hogback Mt out this way. We'd both make it to the trail lot promptly but he got 4 mpg and I got 16.7 mpg. Mine truck was a lot cheaper too. I feel some like myself can't justify paying big money for much more than what we really need.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
20201231_111406.jpg

• Like 3