New pickup thoughts?

First-light

19 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I've owned all of the major brands, and I've never had a real issue with any of them. I think that the vehicles of today are far superior to those produced just twenty years ago. All the guys I know love their trucks, with perhaps Toyotas being a bit more loved than others lol.

Right now I'm in a F-150 with the Ecoboost engine, and I can't complain. It does a good job with my 17' Lund - I don't even notice it's there - but I haven't towed the big boat in years. It stays as the marina, so no feel for large payloads. 

Same. Ive had a Tacoma, Sierra, several F-150s, a Ram, and a Ranger. I can say Ive never had a major issue. My dad did have to replace a transmission in an F-150, thank goodness he sprung for the extended warranty

20 hours ago, luberhill said:

My last 3 Fords have all had over 250k on them with zero major repairs

In fact they ALL had original water pump, fuel pump, alternator , hoses, starter…

The Toyota so called trucks to me seem cheesy , lite weight , rust buckets and small.

But whatever u like I guess

Fords are junk 

• Haha 1

I find that if you change your vehicle like your do your sneakers, you won't likely have a problem with any manufacturer.  Owned Chevy, Ford, BMW, and Jeep all without issue.  Had a bad wheel bearing on an escalade replaced but under warranty.  My most expensive repair to date was on my son's volvo to change a timing belt.  But I do like new vehicles.   Test drove a Navigator Reserve yesterday with massaging seats.   It was pretty sweet but I think I will keep the raptor.

• Like 2

Same. Ive had a Tacoma, Sierra, several F-150s, a Ram, and a Ranger. I can say Ive never had a major issue. My dad did have to replace a transmission in an F-150, thank goodness he sprung for the extended warranty
Which one of those comes with massaging seats? That's what I'm buying next!

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

tell the story though!
What story? A fuel coil failed. The Toyota/Lexus HQ in Japan had their engineers inquire about what happened as it was the first time ever it failed in my model car. They take great care in delivering the best end product they can and customer care is #1. I have no issues and will likely continue to buy more of them

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What story? A fuel coil failed. The Toyota/Lexus HQ in Japan had their engineers inquire about what happened as it was the first time ever it failed in my model car. They take great care in delivering the best end product they can and customer care is #1. I have no issues and will likely continue to buy more of them

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

That's my point. what are the odds you got to be # 1. 

3 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Which one of those comes with massaging seats? That's what I'm buying next!

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

My neighbors GMC had three trannys before it had 20k miles on it .

First one repaired , second two replacements .

This was before they shared the Ford tranny though

Edited by luberhill

6 hours ago, mowin said:

3700 lbs is about what I'm towing daily with my mowing trailer.  But I'm only doing 20-25k a yr. I'd own a half ton in a second if I didn't plow and rent mini's and skids often.  

The way you feel about Chrysler, is how I feel about Ford. Never again will a Ford product be parked in my garage. Absolute garbage. 

Towing daily and doing 70k miles a year towing that is a HUGE difference .

No Chrysler would ever hold up doing that

Ford is and always has been the number one selling truck in the world !

Best built best backed on the road , again , I’ve owned all of the big three.

Hands down Ford is number one , ride , fit and finish , overall quality ..

Chrysler is the cheapest worst quality of any vehicle on the road .

I was a supplier for Chrysler fir the last 30 years . Junk !

Edited by luberhill

My 2007 Tahoe motor went at 197,000. I replaced it with a Jasper crate motor. Currently have an additional 70k on it. Running great knock wood! When I get my new truck my 17 year old daughter will drive the Tahoe. I told her I want it back in decent shape!Other than damage on the bumpers the truck looks great!

6C8914D4-2155-422B-9C2A-8B1F1AA841BB_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

My 2007 Tahoe motor went at 197,000. I replaced it with a Jasper crate motor. Currently have an additional 70k on it. Running great knock wood! When I get my new truck my 17 year old daughter will drive the Tahoe. I told her I want it back in decent shape!Other than damage on the bumpers the truck looks great!
6C8914D4-2155-422B-9C2A-8B1F1AA841BB_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.24c72449b6b6209593b24cf8941bab6b.jpeg
Are replacement engines expensive? Seems that would make sense to do an engine swap if the body and the interior is still perfect

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes