About darn time

sbuff

So 8 of the yankees got covid after getting vaccinated? No wonder they're pushing it through so fast ,before everyone realizes it's not much of a vaccine

They got the j&j, 75% effective so the numbers are close. And pretty much no symptoms. The vaccines work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They got the j&j, 75% effective so the numbers are close. And pretty much no symptoms. The vaccines work

Was it the vaccine though? How many people do we know who didnt know they had it until they got tested before the vaccine was even available. 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

So 8 of the yankees got covid after getting vaccinated? No wonder they're pushing it through so fast ,before everyone realizes it's not much of a vaccine

Vaccines never said you couldnt get infected.  It basically diminished all chance of death and serious effects.  So they are doing what they said as far as we know. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mowin said:

Time to get one of the bootleg vaccine cards. 

The way I look at it is who f'n cares. You decided not to get the vaccine? That's fine, your choice. You get covid and get real sick or worse? At this point, shitty on you. You had a choice. If I grow a 3rd eye in a year, that's on me for getting the vaccine.

Take off the masks, stop forcing them and don't worry about showing cards because at this point in 2021 you've had a choice so quit your bitchin. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Kind of an interesting twist with the Federal Govt. OSHA will now treat employees that have an adverse reaction to the vaccine and miss time as a reportable case if the employer requires the vaccine. 

So as someone who has spent his career in health and safety, this isn't new. If an employer requires you do anything and you get sick or hurt, it's recordable. That's why things like the hep-B for first responders have always been required OR you can sign a waiver to refuse. 

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

The way I look at it is who f'n cares. You decided not to get the vaccine? That's fine, your choice. You get covid and get real sick or worse? At this point, shitty on you. You had a choice. If I grow a 3rd eye in a year, that's on me for getting the vaccine.

Take off the masks, stop forcing them and don't worry about showing cards because at this point in 2021 you've had a choice so quit your bitchin. 

B596AC18-13FB-4309-AFC0-AD182CE7A136.gif

59 minutes ago, Belo said:

Who's bitchin.   Oh, that would be you.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I can’t agree with you more..

I have to admit the willingness to bootleg a vaccine card is just as dumb as those who think it should be required for access/life events. On the other hand, I get the penchant for it.

This is a calculated move by data. It will advance us getting to herd immunity faster and is the better of two bad decisions. They realize herd immunity won't happen via straight vaccine channel due to willingness to vaccinate in the remainder of populous being low. Instead they drive herd immunity by having a "controlled burn" of anti-body build up from those who end up getting it. They need to do this before efficacy dies off in vaccine holders. It's essentially the least worst of two decisions to make. Nobody will talk about it because God help us that people may die, but it's a lesser of two evils IMO.

Life is more often about making the best of two bad decisions just as much as it is making the right decision.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

I'm with the consensus on this - the vaccine protects me, but my mask is to protect other folks. At some point, the onus shifts from me to those other folks to protect themselves. I feel like I've met my social responsibility. 

Unfortunately, it's going to be tough to ditch the masks at the University hospital where I work. Perhaps rightly so, but I'm not completely on board, particularly in non-clinical areas. Nevertheless, I will lobby for a reasoned response, based on the latest guidance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Im sick of this guy.  If upstate ny would have got out to vote when Astorino was running none of this would be happening.  

I agree,but i live on long Island and never heard of Astorino until someone knock on my door around a month before election day and gave me a pamphlet.The other problem with the republicans is they don't promote there candidates very well.

obviously will never know the answer,but i wonder if hildabeast would've won if Trump wasn't the nominee.

36 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I agree,but i live on long Island and never heard of Astorino until someone knock on my door around a month before election day and gave me a pamphlet.The other problem with the republicans is they don't promote there candidates very well.

obviously will never know the answer,but i wonder if hildabeast would've won if Trump wasn't the nominee.

When Astorino ran vs cuomo it wasn't like it was a secret.  I do remember there being serious buzz about Astorino since he was the westchester county exec and did a good job.  Was well liked across the board.  Astorino lost by 500k votes and only 3.5 million people voted in the whole entire state!!!  The notion that nyc carries the state is nonsense.   Yes nyc goes democrat, but where the hell is the rest of the state????  Maybe this next election will be different, but not if everyone sits on their butt. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive been in Washington state this week and the majority of people wear masks outside. Even joggers. And 15-20% of people driving alone. Imbeciles

I have a friend who lives on Bainbridge Island , which is an island off Seattle where the average house is close to a million . He’s a progressive down with the people ,yet he effectively has a mote to protect himself from the people . I’ve been there many times, it’s no surprise to me what you saw .

• Like 1