About darn time

sbuff

14 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I doubt a filthy piece of paper over a mouth and nose is preventing that from happening. A compromised person should avoid contact with people if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We live among some extremely weak minded paranoid people ,the same people who believe that plexi glass between booths at Teds will save them , i only pray this virus never mutates to the level where it can go around plexi glass . People will be wearing masks long after the mandate is gone . 

Edited by Jeremy K

39 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I just went thru my very busy local hardware store and everyone is still wearing masks. Uncle Joe sounded the all clear days ago? What am I missing?

I was getting a hot dog with my son earlier and they asked a lady to put a mask , i pray that everyone in the restaurant can somehow manage to live a normal life after such a traumatic experience. LOL

44 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I just went thru my very busy local hardware store and everyone is still wearing masks. Uncle Joe sounded the all clear days ago? What am I missing?

Waiting for the state give the green light.  Hopefully sooner than later.  Lets hope. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Andy’s , blessing , luckily his daughters wedding is coming up .

Went to a local festival today, much scaled down ,with some  areas of it controlled entry, so you have  to wear a mask inside that part. Everywhere else less then 50% had one on, but then there were guys in dresses and girls dressed as what I can only describe as cartoon characters. Cat women Id be ok with but most were like Little Orphan Annie ,or that Bo Peep gal .

F2751B5D-E700-47AE-9F4C-849C60D35372.jpeg

45AFC0BB-E9FB-431D-A8D6-97C61160EF5B.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Met up with a friend at Tom Wahls and he had his nose out his mask and got a stern talking to by some 18-20 yo girl working there. He wasn’t even trying to make a statement lol. 

I suspect she was embolden by the 100% mask adherence of everyone inside. Which was packed to capacity. I think they think they can do that because there is more demand than supply. Some businesses seem to be absolutely overrun with business and customers.

Lowe’s and HD same way. Both required masks but I saw a little less zealousness with defending the policy.

I am ready to spend in places that are willing to follow given CDC guidance as it is pretty clear.

Business wise, I’ve found the small owner operated ones have typically cared the least about masks for some time , he cares if I walkout . The guy at the corporate box store, could give two sh!ts if I leave without buying anything .

A health food, store and a  cigar store I go to often , are two such examples where for months they didn’t care . Yes I know health food and cigars ? Well I’m a complex man , with faults and weaknesses .

• Like 2

I am slowly weaning myself off the mask by "forgetting" it a little more often every day.  I dont think I will wear it at all by June 1.  I might keep one in my pocket, if someone asks me to wear it.  It certainly isn't worth fighting over, but I do think it is stupid to keep wearing one, if you are fully vaccinated.   

The sad thing is, thanks to the smart phone, at no time in history has such a high percentage of the population been stupid.

Edited by wolc123

I forgot my mask hitting a Hanniford last night - my buddy was driving his car. I went in anyway and pulled up my shirt when I was near someone. Needed help finding things and the woman said “oh stop that - you are fine. I just have to wear mine since the boss is here and she is scared we will get caught!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/15/2021 at 7:10 AM, diplomat019 said:

Excellent job funding Jeff Bezos and hurting the little man.  Cause he needs his 20th vacation home while some local business owner has to budget dinner for the week. Im sure all the small business owners can agree with you.  

Thank you for being a true patriot!!

When the fools that own those small businesses get with the program and drop the mask crap they may get more people supporting them.  It’s obvious at this point that nobody else is going to get the poke. If it’s 50% in the state then that’s what they will have to live with. Get in with life. 

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Your an infectious disease control expert no doubt

Sounds like you should tend to your own farm and let others deal with theirs. When 98% of us walked away from the crap after getting it without the poke or mask. And yet now they still get it with the poke and mask. Yeah shits really concerning. 

• Like 1

Lady in line at one of the dollar generals thought I was a tad to close, She whips around and says...  Didn’t you see the arrows?  My Reply.. He’ll I didn’t even see the Fing Indians!   Case was closed instantly!

I understand your point but we should still give people their space. Theyre scared. So be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

When the fools that own those small businesses get with the program and drop the mask crap they may get more people supporting them.  It’s obvious at this point that nobody else is going to get the poke. If it’s 50% in the state then that’s what they will have to live with. Get in with life. 

As of today yes.  We agree on that. 

But 6 months ago not going into a store because they followed state guidelines and then shopping at amazon to stick it to the little guy, yeah I dont agree with that. 

Here's an honest question for those who have posted on here citing the CDC guidance as reason to stop wearing a mask:

How many of you are vaccinated?

I'm not the mask police, and I hate the things, but with only 50% of NYS vaccinated, if I were a small business owner I'd have to think hard about mask policy. While I hear folks saying that they won't support a place that demands you wear masks, I suspect that the converse may be true, as well, and maybe even in greater abundance. It is literally a can't win situation. 

I also wonder how many people who are truly anti-mask anti-vaccine have the ability to avoid contact with many people each day. I know a bunch of people who are now working from home and are I n contact with those in which they choose to contact. Small business owners open their doors to everyone who walks through the door so their number of contact is increased and as stated earlier, people are gross-regardless of COVID.

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

As of today yes.  We agree on that. 

But 6 months ago not going into a store because they followed state guidelines and then shopping at amazon to stick it to the little guy, yeah I dont agree with that. 

You keep refering to the little guy.  Who does the little guy get his supply from?  The big guy? I have no problem paying half price for a product I can have dropped on my doorstep shipped from amazon that I ordered myself. I don't  need to pay twice as much to have a little guy order for me.

You do realize that amazon, and other large companies have alot of employees. Also I have found the little guy usually pays less, and offers fewer benefits to their employees.

You sound like one of the little guys who have been price gouging your community,  and offering minimal benefits to your employees,  while you reap great reward.

2 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

You keep refering to the little guy.  Who does the little guy get his supply from?  The big guy? I have no problem paying half price for a product I can have dropped on my doorstep shipped from amazon that I ordered myself. I don't  need to pay twice as much to have a little guy order for me.

You do realize that amazon, and other large companies have alot of employees. Also I have found the little guy usually pays less, and offers fewer benefits to their employees.

You sound like one of the little guys who have been price gouging your community,  and offering minimal benefits to your employees,  while you reap great reward.

I just try my best to support local business, especially during covid.  Not support jeff bezos like you.

You said it correct before   This is America   We can choose what we want   You choose amazon and a billionaire.   I choose the guy who lives in the community.  

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I also wonder how many people who are truly anti-mask anti-vaccine have the ability to avoid contact with many people each day. I know a bunch of people who are now working from home and are I n contact with those in which they choose to contact. Small business owners open their doors to everyone who walks through the door so their number of contact is increased and as stated earlier, people are gross-regardless of COVID.

Those owners have the same choice as others. If they are poked and masked to protect themselves then fine, if not then that’s their choice and fine also. But to demand their customers do as they do and not as the customer decides then they should lose business.                                     Just like the idiots that say the flu went by the wayside because of Covid?  The flu and normal sickness is down because there are no kids in schools and daycare’s. Kids are the biggest pushers of those kind of sickness every year. 

8 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I am anti mask, not anti vaccine.  

At my job I can avoid direct contact with people, but not them. I work on strangers cars all day. Yes, people are gross. You see the how nasty when in their vehicles.

I also own a landscape business. I can not avoid contact with that neither.  I meet with customers to go over designs with stone walls, flowers, colors, ect.

It is important to treat each customer as an individual. It can not be done when covering your face, and unable to see facial expressions. 

I’ve avoided masks since day 1. At work it’s unavoidable, if we are around cons we wear them the second we aren’t they’re off. I’ve changed some of my habits to avoid putting on a mask. I no longer go to Stewart’s for a coffee before work, I now go to a small gas station that hasn’t ever asked me to put on a mask and the employees usually don’t have one on either. I don’t do much other shopping, groceries I order online and they put it in the back of my truck. Most gun shops never made you wear a mask. The local hardware store hasn’t told me to put a mask ok yet. I have became a new loyal customer of a local mechanic. He made a big sign and hung it outside of his shop that said don’t wear a mask in my shop. He got my business for life.

I’ve done these things knowing good and well that it makes zero difference in the big picture but it’s made me feel better and I enjoy supporting people with similar beliefs.

None of it should matter anymore because I identify as vaccinated and have a card to prove it.

• Like 3

I am anti mask, not anti vaccine.  
At my job I can avoid direct contact with people, but not them. I work on strangers cars all day. Yes, people are gross. You see the how nasty when in their vehicles.
I also own a landscape business. I can not avoid contact with that neither.  I meet with customers to go over designs with stone walls, flowers, colors, ect.
It is important to treat each customer as an individual. It can not be done when covering your face, and unable to see facial expressions. 

I’m anti masks and suspicious of vaccine!!! But use a mask daily and have gotten the shot for me and my kids after my consultation with doctors and my family.
If masks allow you to meet your customer isn’t that better than just over the zoom/phone? It has been for me teaching - better than all virtual but not ideal and yet we have been teaching in person full classes since September

• Like 1

For those that choose not to get vaccinated,  you own it that's your choice . My question is why do some that choose no vaccine  get a boot leg card saying your vaccinated.  Why not own it ,shop someplace or eat someplace else that requires a vaccination card when that time comes 

Edited by sbuff