Coyote hunting now?

Who comes on a public forum ,knows The question they are asking is illegal, and is trying to get the OK from a bunch of strangers?
As they say in the NYPD...."I think we have a rat on the inside". Most likley click bait.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

Who comes on a public forum ,knows The question they are asking is illegal, and is trying to get the OK from a bunch of strangers?

And to top it off has a bunch supporting poaching with the sss talk.

Good job

You morons understand it makes all hunters look like poachers right?

Anti hunters live for this stupidity.

• Like 4

If only they would legalize crossbows for all of archery season, Then the coyote would not be needed for deer control and the state could stop protecting them. 

The way the rules are now, the coyote is absolutely necessary to keep deer numbers in check.  Without them, auto, landscape, and agricultural deer damage would be many times what it is now.

I also appreciate the coyote for raccoon control.  Now there is an animal that ought to be legal for anyone to kill in any number at any time without a permit.  Fortunately, NY state let's us landowners do that now, with the "damaging" ones, so long as we bury or burn the carcasses prior to the opening of trapping/hunting season. They don't say how deep you got bury them and the coyotes always dog them up within a few days. 

I used to hate the coyotes, but I have learned to live with them now.  I gladly take their help eradicating coons and keeping deer from coming thru my windshield on my drive thru Amherst (a no hunting town) every weekday.  I hear that they also benefit the wild turkey by their heavy pressure on more efficient nest predators (foxes, coons, possums, and skunks).

• Like 1

Good job
This site has some real winners huh? The same guys who would chastise you if you shot an extra gobbler, shot a few extra ducks, killed an extra buck think nothing of making up rules for themselves as they see fit. You can kill coyotes for half of the year and 90% of these guys don't do it but want to play tough guys online. Classic.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Good job

I think it’s the African trophy hunters ,that make us look bad .

Now those who ,live and make their living off the land have been SSS for generations , which the masses never know about , unlike lion and elephant hunters .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I was kidding. Although to be clear I couldn't care less. I guess I'm a moron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Too late ,join the rest of us winner ,moron tough guys ruining hunting. 

• Like 3

You guys are right, let's let everyone deem what and when they decide is the right time to take animals and fish. I'll turkey hunt and walleye fish all of April and shoot my deer in September. We'll see what state the game animals are in after a few years of that. You want to shoot coyotes? Awesome, do it in the 6 month season. You don't get to pick and choose, there's a word for that... Poacher.

• Like 2

I honestly think the coyotes do us more good than bad, but I didn't always feel that way.  They take out mostly the weak deer, which tends to strengthen the herd.  

There are two "happy times" each year for the coyotes, when it comes to eating deer.  First is fawn drop.  Knowing very well how good button bucks taste, I can only imagine how scrumptious those little spotted morsels must be, especially eaten raw.

The second, less recognized "happy time" for the coyotes is the post rut, when mature (over 3.5) year old bucks are so weakened and slow that they are relatively easy for the coyotes to run down and kill. 

If you have ever seen a group of antlerless deer and an old buck in late ML season you will understand this better.  Those antletless ones (does and button bucks) can literally run circles around the old boys at that time of year.  Which one do you think the coyotes will catch ?

That is why you should think twice before passing on any 3.5 year old buck.  If you don't kill him and eat him that year, the odds are that a coyote will.  It is also very likely that his body will be at the maximum size, as well as his rack at that age (Milo Hanson's world record was aged at 3.5).

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

You guys are right, let's let everyone deem what and when they decide is the right time to take animals and fish. I'll turkey hunt and walleye fish all of April and shoot my deer in September. We'll see what state the game animals are in after a few years of that. You want to shoot coyotes? Awesome, do it in the 6 month season. You don't get to pick and choose, there's a word for that... Poacher.

Have fun

• Like 2

Velvet bucks are sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Velvet bucks are sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know right! And real easy to kill in September too. My lease is overpopulated with those nuisance bucks, guess I'll play conservationist and start thinning them out to help out. SSS Shoot, Skin, Sausage)?

• Haha 1