How Many Here Would " Really + Finally" See The NY Spring Turkey Hunting Season Start On The ( Last Saturday In April) + Run To May 28th?

I am yet to get a turkey this year, hoping after I get my knees replaced and my bad toe shaved that I can maybe get into the woods and be more mobile and maybe not need to use a blind anymore though the back and tailbone would have to cooperate. I do not want to see it changed, I do want it to be illegal to cut silage, hay, straw, clover or alfalfa until after the last week in June though, lots of nests destroyed and turkey both poults and adult killed because things are cut much sooner, lower and faster than they once were, give them a chance at least.

Yea, those darn farmers shouldn’t be able to harvest their crops when they need to!

That’s what we need more regulation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I think our turkey population is in bad enough shape already, without making it worse by making the season earlier.  A number of states are paying the price for early seasons.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cas said:

I think our turkey population is in bad enough shape already, without making it worse by making the season earlier.  A number of states are paying the price for early seasons.

Most of the research actually shows that loss of good nesting habitat as old farms are sold for housing is what is hurting numbers much worse than hunters.