Barn find

G-Man

Well found a new project not as old as the willys but a 1995 Chevy k1500 with plow and 5.7,silverado..  22610 original miles been off road since 2002..⁸20210513_174213.thumb.jpg.c49705e05caa2f2a7e6806c7ef86df27.jpg20210513_174155.thumb.jpg.15412a11b14dab9cab551ba98bd7e2fb.jpgeasy fix up ,new rear bumper, tires ( dry rot)  and a few exhaust leaks.. only vehicle I own with no lights on on dash...lol..   couldn't pass it up. For 1k. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 18

That’s awesome!

My dad still drives my old ‘95 half ton Chevy. 310,000 miles, original 350. I put a rebuilt tranny in it when I had it. I have a lot of memories in that truck, and I hope that I get it out to NY someday. I’m sure dad will drive it until he dies, so I hope it winds up out here many, many years from now.

Edited by Splitear

I had a silver one just like it.  It was a great truck.  I put about 70000 miles on it without any breakdowns and sold it to a friend who still runs it.  I replaced it with a 3/4 ton 2000 8 ft box Silverado which I gave to my father in law a few years ago.  He put a plow on it and still uses it to maintain all the roads at his retirement camp.  

My 2000 has the 6 liter and has also been relatively trouble free, never leaving me stranded or requiring a tow.  The only troubles it had were rust/road salt related.  They did improve the fuel mileage a bit when they redesigned the engines in 2000, but I have no complaints with the (3) GM 350's that I have owned.

I drive another 2000 Silverafo now, also a 3/4 ton but a Florida truck that has never seen a NY winter and does not have a spot of rust on it.  As long as I can keep it that way, I dont suppose I will ever be in the market for another truck.

He still "let's" me use my old truck when I go up there hunting in the fall:

20201029_191551.jpg

Edited by wolc123

5 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I had a silver one just like it.  It was a great truck.  I put about 70000 miles on it without any breakdowns and sold it to a friend who still runs it.  I replaced it with a 3/4 ton 2000 8 ft box Silverado which I gave to my father in law a few years ago.  He put a plow on it and still uses it to maintain all the roads at his retirement camp.  

My 2000 has the 6 liter and has also been relatively trouble free, never leaving me stranded or requiring a tow.  The only troubles it had were rust/road salt related.  They did improve the fuel mileage a bit when they redesigned the engines in 2000, but I have no complaints with the (3) GM 350's that I have owned.

I drive another 2000 Silverafo now, also a 3/4 ton but a Florida truck that has never seen a NY winter and does not have a spot of rust on it.  As long as I can keep it that way, I dont suppose I will ever be in the market for another truck.

He still "let's" me use my old truck when I go up there hunting in the fall:

20201029_191551.jpg

I hope to repaint this one silver and black, not a fan of red... but to good to pass it up, will be removing 8ft.meyer plow and selling it as I have no use for it..

• Like 1