TICKS...................

ny hunter

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Why can't we just put Frontline down our backs or take a pill like the dog?  

Not scared of bears, coyotes or squatches in the woods, but tiny little ticks- you bet. 

I put those drops on my dog and he was walking around like he was drunk ,he walked headfirst into the my car in the drive way like it wasn't even there . I had to get him in the tub and wash it off with dish soap . 

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not scared of bears, coyotes or squatches in the woods, but tiny little ticks- you bet. 

I am the same way.  Fortunately, I have not seen any tics yet this spring, 4 mornings out turkey hunting in wmu 9f in WNY.  I did treat my bibs with Sawyers and wore them each time.

I am taking those with me up to the Adirondacks next weekend, because there is usually lots of tics up there.  Odds are, I will be spending a lot more time on the water than in the woods up there.  Fortunately, just like cats, tics can't swim.

Edited by wolc123

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I put those drops on my dog and he was walking around like he was drunk ,he walked headfirst into the my car in the drive way like it wasn't even there . I had to get him in the tub and wash it off with dish soap . 

Yeah well I did that with mine and I've found about 8 ticks already between my two dogs. Called the company and asked for my money back.

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I’d like to do this this year...what’s your “recipe” and everything available on Amazon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122776406532?epid=1200189620&hash=item1c960b4a04:g:ni8AAOSwpLNX9XA5

19 ounces of water to one ounce of permethrin gives you the same potency as the Sawyer spray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I’d like to do this this year...what’s your “recipe” and everything available on Amazon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get premethrin concentrate from tractor supply. Directions on the bottle. I'm sure Amazon has it too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mowin said:

I get premethrin concentrate from tractor supply. Directions on the bottle. I'm sure Amazon has it too.

This is exactly what I do too. Started doing it last summer, all through deer season, and up to now, not one tick on me! Just mix 20 to 1 with distilled water, put it in a spray bottle or old Sawyers bottles, and good to go!

• Like 3

I have bought a higher concentration or permethrin on Amazon for even cheaper than Tractor Supply. (I think 38%.) Some companies don't ship to NY.  By the way, I spray the foundation of my house with the same concentration, it works great at keeping all ants and other bugs from wanting to get in.  Wasps will avoid building nests under eaves.  It will last on the foundation for 6 or 8 weeks.  As has been said often, be very careful around cats, it is highly toxic to felines. 

They are horrible this year. I've never found a tick on me in 10+ years of hunting and spending time in the woods. A week of so ago I went out and took a little stroll to check trail cameras and found 2 on me in the space of 20 minutes.

14 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Yeah well I did that with mine and I've found about 8 ticks already between my two dogs. Called the company and asked for my money back.

We've been using the soresto collar and never found a tick yet.

• 1 month later...