AR 15 Purchase

Im a big fan of Bushmasters. Colts are good as well. Most of the fed agencies are signed on with Bushmaster. They make GREAT products. Stag is nice as well. Id say go with either Bushmaster, Colt, Rock Rivers and or Stag. Enjoy, be safe.

Might want to check out an upper from bravo company or lmt. I have several BCM's and 1 LMT and will take them over ANYTHING that the big names are putting out right now. Lowers are lowers, don't get hung up on the roll stamp.

IMO, you can build a better rifle then you can buy, and for a lot less.

The first question is whats your budget. ARs can get pricey real quick. Second question is what type do you want. Are you going to use it for competition style shooting, varmint hunting, long range shooting, home defense, or do you want something for big game hunting? Stag is nice, so is Rock River Arms, DPMS, and Bushmaster. DPMS is hard to beat for their prices, and fit and finish are top notch. You could also buy a bare lower and start building your own with the exact options you want, which can work out to be alot less expensive if you shop around for the parts. There are lots of dedicated AR forums out there to help you along with a build, so dont be intimidated by it.

Figure out what you want and budget first, then look at brands, etc.

One thing, i would stay away from the ARs that you see at the big box stores for 500 or 600 bucks, they are extremely basic with no followers, dust shields, etc.

There are always some great deals on used ones out there, in fact i think theres a guy with a Stag model 1 for sale over at nyfirearms.com right now.

• Like 1