Hope you not looking for a boat this year!

Boats are in short supply this year.  I got lucky buying one last year.  The boat show in Sylvan beach this year had ONE boat.  crazy.  Everything sold out everywhere.  Guy from Oneida lake marine has no inventory and has people that have a trade in waiting to order boats and he has deposits on the trade ins they are still using.  Lack of production, materials and high demand.  Another product that will need to catch up and will take prob 2-3 years of production to do it.  And haggeling a boat price is out the window.  

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/news/2021/05/20/production-issues-may-keep-boaters-in-the-bay

• Like 1

Just now, ApexerER said:

Yea, i toyed with the idea of selling mine just because i can get a premium right now. But i can't go through the summer without a boat....

its like houses - would love to sell and cash in for 40% more than i paid but then how do you buy a new place to live?

• Like 1

I heard of one place that sells pontoon boats, that sold their years inventory by April .

I was planning on selling my old tub,this year ,but daughter in Buffalo wants to come and use it , damn . Boat clubs , last I knew and that was a bit ago were like $2500 a year, she checked and it’s $4500 plus $500 buy in .

My buddy tried ordering the same rig I bought back in March, was told Tracker sold out of all 2021 models, he'd have to wait until June to place a 2022 order and should get it in August/September. Oh, and the price went up $3500 for the same boat I bought. I'm glad I got my order in in February!

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sounds like it's going to be a dangerous time on the water.Then next year or two they'll be a bunch of hardly used boats for sale.
Agree....i am sitting and waiting this mess out. I have a 16' fishing boat and can wait a few years for a bigger rig. People are nutz right now....texted a guy in Fairport who had a boat listed on Craigslist Sat morning....asked if the boat had been in the water this year, and if I came up to see it with cash can we launch and take for a ride? He responded with....it's sold and the guy is bringing me the Money Monday when he first sees it and picks it up. WtF are people crazy??? Had a buddy buy a boat without even starting it.....ended up dumping over. 1000 into to get it running correctly. It just boggles my mind the crap people do cause of Covid.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

boats cars everything is on back order .Go to home depot and see the price of lumber . New housing is thru the roof . I just sold my ATV a 2000 300 Kawasaki prairie 15 mins on craig list it was sold cause from what i hear even ATVS [new]  are hard to get  . i just bought a new  tacoma back in early march i wont see my truck till maybe  end of july or early august

• Like 1

boats cars everything is on back order .Go to home depot and see the price of lumber . New housing is thru the roof . I just sold my ATV a 2000 300 Kawasaki prairie 15 mins on craig list it was sold cause from what i hear even ATVS [new]  are hard to get  . i just bought a new  tacoma back in early march i wont see my truck till maybe  end of july or early august
Just bought my wife new Hyundai Palisade....you take what they give you unless you wanna place an order and wait months. And the trade in value of her vehicle was through the roof. Unreal how things are right now.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

My buddy bought a pair of brutforce quads and trailer for 10k. The guy said him and his son wanted to go riding,they both got motion sickness riding around the neighborhood. Total run times 30 minutes lol

I cashed in on the first gun craze when obama got elected,dumped what i didn't want.Then scored what i wanted a few years later.Some people just get nuts at the wrong time.

Safe boating everyone!!!!

I take this as a good sign for me. I've been wanting a cheaper used boat for a few years now. Something that might not last that long but would help me gauge if I really wanted to go deeper in the wallet. With a pool and a camp up north I'm not sure how much time I'd get out of it, but I'd love to just go out with the fam and also go out and fish. I looked pretty hard last year and anything even remotely decent was gone by the time I called the owner.