Snake id

SWEDE

I am somewhat surprised  that some of you think it is unusual  for a milk snake to be aggressive/defensive... Many of the ones I have encountered would strike quite readily...  Not as bad as water snakes, though...Those damn things  have a flat out nasty disposition....

• Like 2

Snakes don't bother me too much. Saw lots of em when I lived in SC for a number of years. The woods are full of both venomous, and non venomous varieties down there. Leaned a lot about them.

But spiders?? I scream like a school girl!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love snakes. Always have since I was a young kid. 2 years ago we had a 3-4’ garter snake chilling out around the pool during the summer. I saw it 3 times and found on of its sheds. All I could think about is how many chipmunks it was killing for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, Pygmy said:

I am somewhat surprised  that some of you think it is unusual  for a milk snake to be aggressive/defensive... Many of the ones I have encountered would strike quite readily...  Not as bad as water snakes, though...Those damn things  have a flat out nasty disposition....

Well I have picked them (milk snakes) up to move them and sure they will try to bite.  But those black water snakes are crazy, I have a small pond and have had them chase after me.  They have attitude.  Today I saw something neat, a big water snake entangled with several smaller ones.  I assume the big one was female and they were making more water snakes.  I was on the lawn tractor and they all slipped into my pond quickly.

• Like 1

About 25 years ago I was hunting in Georgia. I went to use the outdoor shower and the camp owner kind of off handedly mentions...."if you run into Henry in the shower, dont hurt him. He wont hurt you"....

Okay...of course I have to play cool, have my shower and go back in without running into "Henry".

Okay, says I when I went in. Who or what is Henry?

Henry is the ten foot long KIng snake that lives under the shower. He likes to come out in warm showers..He eats rattle snakes, so we like Henry.

Now, I dont think that I am afraid of snakes, but I can guarantee you that if Henry joined me in the shower, they would have heard my scream in Syracuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5