Man Cave Reno

phade

55 minutes ago, phade said:

Barnwood that has been milled thinner.

Ok it looked to uniform , mines all over the place ,thickness, height of boards,and  colors  . Just saw a couple weeks back they knocked down another barn on the farm .

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ok it looked to uniform , mines all over the place ,thickness, height of boards,and  colors  . Just saw a couple weeks back they knocked down another barn on the farm .

This has two width selections and honestly is a PITA. Wish I would have just bought one width. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:23 AM, phade said:

Mini split is up. A bit annoyed but the plastic/rubber edge on the lower right corner is stretched/loose. Looks much more noticeable in person.

Any ideas to cover up that sin? Manufacturer says replacement parts are 6-12 months out…COVID. Yeah, OK. Bought the unit 35-40 days ago, and they only warranty out of box cosmetic defects for 30 days. I should have opened and inspected earlier, lesson learned. In any case I’m probably going to have to solve it myself. Might do a border around the unit after the wall goes on (unit comes off a TV style wall mount behind it).

Short of that we have barnwood going up today.

6DB8091B-E271-4C25-AFCD-860D67216C74.jpeg

I install HVAC. Usually means that side is not clicked in all the way or the hanging bracket is loose right there.

25 minutes ago, PMoney said:

I install HVAC. Usually means that side is not clicked in all the way or the hanging bracket is loose right there.

We thought so too as one option but it cam out of the box that way. We'll see if the clips can be adjust or maybe if they are the cause. Was going to tackle that this weekend but it was a monsoon outside so had to attend to other stuff.

• Like 1

More progress to update. The mini split is running well. Does a great job at cooling. the plastic is driving me nuts. We inspected, reset and nada. It is like it off the wall and on, and I even tried a few things. We’re going to have to create this lame picture frame around it to fix but is what it is now. 

I’d estimate 80 percent of the barnwood is up. After that gets done, up next will be the ladder desk, new ceiling light, all of the Apple HomeKit stuff, TV, and we have to put drywall up on the garage side. I’ll lay pegboard over the drywall too. The final step will be the inset porch for the front door of this room. We will side the inside walls (still outside but hard to explain).

One thing we proactively did with this job is install a dedicated line going to the garage for an electric car hookup. We’re not in the market any time soon (thankfully) but with the way things are changing it was probably a future proofing move.

AD04EEDD-6C2B-4357-BEAA-12EC5F0B9305.jpeg

3E0DB5F8-76A9-4D17-B0B4-142C4D4682CC.jpeg

3C25B879-B9E7-4C57-BB8F-9F1BB88FF142.jpeg

BCC34766-5833-4B67-8B9E-EB55FF18B1D8.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, First-light said:

Looks great! That barn wood is pricey?

It has been several years since I did this heavy of a remodel. But I will say the price of materials is obnoxious across the board. I felt like I got better deals on the TV, soundbar, ceiling light, couch, Mini split, etc. than building materials. No deals to be had there. I haven't added up everything, but I'm likely in about $15-17K for everything. No less than 14K best case. The backside of the garage wall had work, new lines were run for electric, etc. More than just the interior walls for the room. Buy once cry once perspective on this remodel.

Edited by phade
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

We have basically the same one over our dining room table. Switch the bulbs to some Edison style led ones. I will take a pick of ours......they give it a real nice rustic touch.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I wanted to go with those style bulbs; we have them in our kitchen and dining room. They look great. That said these are Apple HomeKit bulbs so I can control them remotely and build automations - right now when I walk from the truck to the front door at night, the lights come on automatically so no need to fumble around in the dark. Technology is crazy these days.

• Like 1

Caseta Lutron switches in today. Oddly enough we had to pull the home kit lights! It was causing interference with the AC and dimmers. Never seen such a thing. In are the Edison bulbs lol.

TV is up. Bet my wife the 55” would be fine vs the 40” she thought I should get. She admitted defeat lol. I’ll be watching the resignation of AC tonight in here!

Still a lot more to do. Surround sound, custom ladder desk, mounts, and the backside of the garage wall.

D7CB2994-445E-4C1F-83D9-29A052CE3EC8.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, phade said:

Caseta Lutron switches in today. Oddly enough we had to pull the home kit lights! It was causing interference with the AC and dimmers. Never seen such a thing. In are the Edison bulbs lol.

TV is up. Bet my wife the 55” would be fine vs the 40” she thought I should get. She admitted defeat lol. I’ll be watching the resignation of AC tonight in here!

Still a lot more to do. Surround sound, custom ladder desk, mounts, and the backside of the garage wall.

D7CB2994-445E-4C1F-83D9-29A052CE3EC8.jpeg

When will the mounted bucks hit this plot?