Man Cave Reno

phade

1 hour ago, phade said:

@WNY Bowhunter would need to chime in LOL.

I just finished a wall ped of a white doe from the Seneca Army Depot last night. This coming weekend I've got a buddy's bow buck to mount up, the following weekend I've got a MT mulie...THEN its your PIA Coombs wall peds. Unless, I do my own mount before them...lol.

In all seriousness, my goal is to have both before the 10/1 opener. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I just finished a wall ped of a white doe from the Seneca Army Depot last night. This coming weekend I've got a buddy's bow buck to mount up, the following weekend I've got a MT mulie...THEN its your PIA Coombs wall peds. Unless, I do my own mount before them...lol.

In all seriousness, my goal is to have both before the 10/1 opener. 

That white doe has to be cool; shoulder mounting them seems more practical than my piebald which unless it was a full body, you wouldn't get an appreciation for with a shoulder mount.

BTW have you checked out Mears forms? They seem popular too on the FB taxi groups.

Edited by phade

4 minutes ago, phade said:

That white doe has to be cool; shoulder mounting them seems more practical than my piebald which unless it was a full body, you wouldn't get an appreciation for with a shoulder mount.

BTW have you checked out Mears forms? They seem popular too on the FB taxi groups.

No, but friends use them and like them. I'm sure I will give them a try this coming season as more sizing options become available. I did just buy one of his 8" replacement heads for my own mount that I still need to throw together.

22 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

It's really coming along nice Brad. 

I was wondering if you've decided on a date for the open house yet?  I'd be happy to bring a dish to pass.........

Lol won’t be any time soon. If I get my way at work, I’ll be in a stand in a month in Missouri.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

supposedly my taxidermist is the guy that invented the corner mount.  Guess he had a patent or something on it even. 

https://www.mckenziesp.com/Using-Corner-Mount-Converters-W383.aspx

These are different - these are full range hanging systems. Both of these are standard shoulder mounts with the Corner Full Range System bracket.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, phade said:

So…I posted pics of the mounts on Full Range Systems in their Social Media contest and I won.

Won a single system.

Sweet!

75A090CD-2A51-426C-AE1A-32A64E7817B5.jpeg

Love everything, but I just feel a bit cramped looking at the doorway coming in. Heads are too close. Just me and just saying some critical advice is good at times. Now tell me to FO....lol