Fly vest,sling pack or pockets

rachunter

14 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This one. So far I like it. Its got more than enough room, I can even fit a jacket or sweatshirt in the big compartment. Its a little awkward replacing my net, its not high in the middle of my back anymore but ill get used to that. And I lost my bottle of water along the way it slipped out

https://www.orvis.com/orvis-sling-pack/25FR-Family.html

0b953245ce92f4e34d55af10ad15599d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks that's the one I've been looking at,but the tenzing is good enough for now.

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

This one. So far I like it. Its got more than enough room, I can even fit a jacket or sweatshirt in the big compartment. Its a little awkward replacing my net, its not high in the middle of my back anymore but ill get used to that. And I lost my bottle of water along the way it slipped out

I like that tippet caddy.

Did you use the bungy keeper on the water bottle? That should keep it tight. And a retractable net keeper should hold the net higher on your back.

image.png.6674562cf67edf9e223c0d0b6300b483.png

I have an earlier version of your pack and the net ring seems to be in the right spot. 

Looking at your pic, it seems that between the carabiner, magnet, whatever is under the magnet, and cord, it could all be a little tighter and cleaner. A retractable gear keeper may help.

Okay. It seems that your sling comes with a net pocket that you can just slide the net into. What's that like?

Edited by left field

I have an earlier version of your pack and the net ring seems to be in the right spot. 
Looking at your pic, it seems that between the carabiner, magnet, whatever is under the magnet, and cord, it could all be a little tighter and cleaner. A retractable gear keeper may help.
Okay. It seems that your sling comes with a net pocket that you can just slide the net into. What's that like?

It does lol? Ill go look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 year later...

It should fit over your head with the strap across your chest and the pack in back. When you need it, you grab the bottom of the strap near the pack and slide it under your arm and up to your chest. There can be another support strap, but I always take those off. It is probably also shoulder specific, so try both sides. 

• Like 1

I didn't see the back pic. It's a little weird. Why is that D ring there and what is that velcro closure for?

This seems to be the bag with a video on how to wear it. Pretty simple.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Backpack-Shoulder-Traveling-Trekking/dp/B08FBCB8XB/ref=asc_df_B08FBCB8XB/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507755842776&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6527905576610794451&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005424&hvtargid=pla-1250915046910&psc=1

Get in touch with TU and ask.

Yeah, it looks like I’m wearing it properly. Perhaps the strap that Matty referred to would stop it from riding up on my neck. Curious whether this is standard for most sling packs or whether a pack with a better (asymmetrical) geometry would prevent this. 
I was planning to order a replacement online but perhaps best that I stop by a fly shop and try some on. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

8 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yeah, it looks like I’m wearing it properly. Perhaps the strap that Matty referred to would stop it from riding up on my neck. Curious whether this is standard for most sling packs or whether a pack with a better (asymmetrical) geometry would prevent this. 
I was planning to order a replacement online but perhaps best that I stop by a fly shop and try some on. 

I have an asymmetrical one and it never rode up against my neck. It is the only one I know and yours looks strange to me...

• Thanks 1

I was fishing with a dozen TU guys this weekend and one of them had this pack. It's meant to be more of a chest pack than a sling that you slide behind. I didn't realize that the snap in back closes a pocket. None of us had any idea what to do with the D-ring in back or the velcro loop.

Sorry.

On the plus side, I moused up a 23" brown at 1"00 am.

• Like 4

I was fishing with a dozen TU guys this weekend and one of them had this pack. It's meant to be more of a chest pack than a sling that you slide behind. I didn't realize that the snap in back closes a pocket. None of us had any idea what to do with the D-ring in back or the velcro loop.
Sorry.

Pics man!!! Pics!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, left field said:

Sorry.

Use to love fishing braille. After a few hours it gets a little tedious. Never got a 23  incher... congrats on a nice fish. Think I still have a box of mice downstairs. 

Wheres the pics ?

8 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Wading in the dark is next level!

It's a little scary, especially on a new river. There were three of us, so we checkerboarded our way upstream as we figured out that the lead guy did best. What makes it slightly easier is that the big trout leave the pools and cruise shallow water. I caught that fish in shin-deep water.

• Like 1

It's a little scary, especially on a new river. There were three of us, so we checkerboarded our way upstream as we figured out that the lead guy did best. What makes it slightly easier is that the big trout leave the pools and cruise shallow water. I caught that fish in shin-deep water.

West branch? Or parts unknown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk