Bear Trashed my Blind

Pygmy

Yogi must have thought that my popup blind was a  PIC-A NIC basket....  Sumbitch tore out the front and port side of  my nearly new  Ameristep Doghouse blind...

It is the second blind I have lost to a bear since I have been hunting The Mermaid's property....Glad I didn't invest $300 in a Browning or another top end blind...

My opinion on bears is changing..They are a pain in the ass around the property.. The next one I see during season is getting shot...I don't care much for the meat, but I have a couple friends who would gratefully accept it..

• Like 10

I usually get holes chewed through em from mice or squirrels.  Still usable, but a little added ventilation. In 25 yrs hunting the same property, we've never seen evidence of bears, but I've seen them only a few miles away.  Love bear meat. 

Dont eat or drink anything but water...even smoking can attract them.

Bears are just an occaisional visitor in my camps area. Although I would like an occaisional sightng, no doubt 

camps are better off without them. I saw a store up near Old Forge where the bear literally tore and chewed its way through the outside wall to the kitchen on the other side, with bad results inside!