Biden's ATF nominee is a tyrant

No law can require the individual to prove that he won’t violate another’s rights in the absence of evidence that he is going to.
But this is precisely what gun control laws do. Gun control laws use force against the individual in the absence of any specific evidence that he is about to commit a crime. They say to the rational, responsible gun owner: You may not have or carry a gun because others have used them irrationally or irresponsibly.
This is unjust and intolerable. The government may coercively intervene only when there is an objective threat that someone is going to use force.
The government may respond only to specific threats. It has no right to initiate force against the innocent. And a gun owner is innocent until specific evidence arises that he is threatening to initiate force.

“Laws prohibiting or regulating guns across the board represent the evil of preventive law and should be abolished.” - columnist Harry Binswanger

The gun control Democrats are just getting started and voting Democrat this is what you get and the kind of knucklehead nominee that is typical of who is in their ranks and what their agenda is, believe me the best is yet to come!!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

After leaving the ATF in 2012, Chipman became a senior adviser at Everytown for Gun Safety, and later as a senior policy adviser at Giffords. It's in these roles that Chipman's voice as a fierce advocate for gun control was elevated, as he frequently wrote op-eds and made media appearances to advance the cause.
Gun rights advocates, including the National Rifle Association, have blasted the pick, calling Chipman an "extremist."
"It's hard to imagine choosing a nominee who is more hostile to the rights of American gun owners than Chipman," the group said last month. "It is clear that, if confirmed, Chipman would use every tool at his disposal to attack the rights of law-abiding American gun owners."

I cant find the video.  I’ve read what has been covered.   If you have the video can you share it. Thanks.  

I have done my fair share of searching and can not find this quote anywhere. I’ve searched those exact words and can not find them  

“Our priority will be to attempt to intervene before they (legal gun owners) commit a crime” - Chipman

Ok. So I watched the hearing and I found the quote. The quote referenced is correct, BUT is taken out of context without hearing the whole statement in my opinion. 

Chipman said that people who lie on the federal background check while purchasing a firearm commit a felony by doing so. He also states that data shows there is a correlation with people who lie on their background check and then go on to commit violent crimes with illegal firearms.  Chipman goes on to say that he believes it is the ATF’s responsibility to arrest the criminals who commit a felony by lying on their background check because,  1, they committed a felony and 2, they lied and then illegally purchase a firearm that is often used in a violent crime. 

Edited by diplomat019

16 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Ok. So I watched the hearing and I found the quote. The quote referenced is correct, BUT is taken out of context without hearing the whole statement in my opinion. 

Chipman said that people who lie on the federal background check while purchasing a firearm commit a felony by doing so. He also states that data shows there is a correlation with people who lie on their background check and then go on to commit violent crimes with illegal firearms.  Chipman goes on to say that he believes it is the ATF’s responsibility to arrest the criminals who commit a felony by lying on their background check because,  1, they committed a felony and 2, they lied and then illegally purchase a firearm that is often used in a violent crime. 

So all those pot smokers out there are going to be committing crimes with illegal firearms. 

27 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So all those pot smokers out there are going to be committing crimes with illegal firearms. 

Well.  If they lie on the background check like Hunter Biden, then they already committed a felony   

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I get what you’re saying.  I’m also not saying I agree or disagree.   But my response was directed at the quote.  I thought I did a adequate enough job of giving the cliff note version of Chipmans answer.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I get what you’re saying.  I’m also not saying I agree or disagree.   But my response was directed at the quote.  I thought I did a adequate enough job of giving the cliff note version of Chipmans answer.   

Agreed. I was just highlighting how many actually do lie on the forms and how many more will as it becomes for legal. 

• Like 1

He also said he supports banning "assault rifles" but cannot define what one is.  But he will follow whatever law Congress passes.  He does not say if he would follow an unconstitutional firearm law, but his past actions and comments, as well as his work with anti-gun organizations, indicate he would follow any law passed.  He has a long history of opposition to private firearm ownership and has stated it is not an individual right, even after the SCOTUS ruled it IS an individual right.

This man is a big threat to 2nd A rights.  He cannot be allowed to lead the ATF.

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

Well.  If they lie on the background check like Hunter Biden, then they already committed a felony   

He also would not commit to investigating Hunter Biden if confirmed.