Just showing off my dog!

First-light

I just love this picture. He is 1.5 years old about 70 lbs. Pure bred Black Mouth Cur but looks nothing like the breed because of the white suppressive gene he has. (so I'im told) He is full

speed when need to be and as gentle and caring in other situations. I lost Mac Dec 26th 2020 and thought I would wait a year or two for another dog. I got Oakley in February and never looked back. Those of you who have recently lost a pet, there is another waiting for you out there. You deserve each other!

64349413874__C3972E9A-83FF-4FAC-B674-70C8901AC1CD.jpeg

• Like 21

If I had to do it over again a BMC would be my choice ,congrats !

I’m 100% done  with dogs , to hard to travel and do things , when Gus goes we’re hitting the road for weeks and months at a time .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nomad said:

If I had to do it over again a BMC would be my choice ,congrats !

I’m 100% done  with dogs , to hard to travel and do things , when Gus goes we’re hitting the road for weeks and months at a time .

pretty much the reason we don't have one right now because it'd be too much with a 6 yr old and a 1.5 yr old for kids too. if i was older and retired a dog was just come with us.

Great looking pups.

This will be the first fall in over 20 years that I won't have a bird dog by my side.

I would love to get a pup and start the cycle again, but our hearts need some time to heal.

I do enjoy seeing other members dogs though, so keep the pics coming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

pretty much the reason we don't have one right now because it'd be too much with a 6 yr old and a 1.5 yr old for kids too. if i was older and retired a dog was just come with us.

Ya, till it can’t do stairs well, craps when you leave the house ( always a favorite of hotels and rental homes ) along with barking the entire time you’re gone . 

Then of course when we take our RV you can’t leave the dog alone  , so no going to town to eat, sight see etc .

it all looks so easy till one is actually there .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Ya, till it can’t do stairs well, craps when you leave the house ( always a favorite of hotels and rental homes ) along with barking the entire time you’re gone . 

Then of course when we take our RV you can’t leave the dog alone  , so no going to town to eat, sight see etc .

it all looks so easy till one is actually there .

The crate is your friend…