This weekend

sbuff

As the kick off to summer we'll be heading to Lake George camping in two hours. Looks cool with showers . Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.  If any one is at moose hill lock camprground give me a shout . Or look for the drunk guy on golf cart with screaming girls on it . 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sbuff said:

As the kick off to summer we'll be heading to Lake George camping in two hours. Looks cool with showers . Everyone have a safe and fun weekend.  If any one is at moose hill lock camprground give me a shout . Or look for the drunk guy on golf cart with screaming girls on it . 

Lake George is a blast. I usually stay at Scotty's (dive motel on the lake, walking distance to town). Once I park I never drive again until going home, so i can drink and walk everywhere.

• Like 1

So there we were , in the dog / tents full of college kids, and adults with green and blue hair loop . Everything was cool, although way to many were interested in my dog rather then myself....

Then there was this guy across the loop, 8:30 AM he takes out a lawn mower , yes he brought his own and spent 45 minutes mowing ,and then took out a leaf blower to blow away the grass... after which he ran the worlds nosiest generator most of the day . What an Ahole .   Most with out electric ,use solar panels , or a nice quiet Honda for just long enough to charge their batteries, which lasts me two days .

My wife made a list while we were there ,on what we need to bring next time , she was puzzled when I said “ add heavy duty wire cutter”. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I bitched and moaned when she got a fire place in our camper.  I even said what a waste of money . Let me tell ya that fire place came in handy over the cold and rainy holiday weekend. 

Back to a work week and detox for a few days my liver needs a break 

We spent the weekend just east of Cooperstown camping. Got there on Thursday and was suppose to stay until Monday but left a day early because another day of 45 degrees and rain did not sound fun. Non electric camp sight but we do have a hybrid trailer so we where able to hide in that all day Friday while it rained. 

In the end we made some good family memories and that's what's important. Next trip is at the end of June followed up with another trip just after the July 4th weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Many moons ago when our kids were small we had a tent camper . One of our favorite places was Letchworth State park . The kids enjoyed it too . Robert Moses state Park , Sebago Lake , Herkimer , Alleghany State Park , just to name a few . My wife and I judged a campground by the cleanliness of the toilet facilities . Our kids judged by what there was at the camp stores . We liked the facilities at most of the KOA campgrounds .